Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Overall its important to recognize what makes everyone special and unique. Enhance and include this qualities without bias. Culture, race and other differences are what makes the world beautiful. Get to know your students as people and individuals and embrace their differences. Emerge youself in educational courses that teaches how to support, differentiate and understand different cultures, race, and all things that make us unique. Don't be color-blind be educated and open and realistic and caring.

Way of living for a person: include such things as beliefs, arts, etc

Culture is art beliefs, language but race is based on shared physical qualities. 

Culture is customs, arts, social institutions but race is person's physical charistics 

It's important to know your audience! That means know the students that you are teaching. This is necessary in order to build the curriculum that is engaging and effective. 

El concepto de raza es incluso obsoleto. Se tiene que tener presente la cultura diversa y distinta. 

Embrace all cultures, do some homework if culture/race is new to you, teach everyone as equal. With international students, try your best to help those with difficulties as you will do with others. May require a little effort on your part to understand dialect, accent, tone, and way of learning.

Be aware that all classes have diversity in different contexts and establish teaching plans according to this principle. We cannot assume that because all students have the same goal, we can treat them all the same. As educators we must engage in an inter and not across way. Having knowledge of each student in relation to their culture, race, gender, religion, is crucial to include each individual in the learning process.

It is important to recognize the culture of all students in your classes.  

I appreciate the analogy of the blind surgeon. Just as she/he should not be blind, neither should we as we stand in front of our classrooms. We need to see, recognize, and celebrate diversities of opinion, heritage, culture, religion, and race.

Culture and race are equally important.

I have learnt a lot about this topic of culture, race and cross-cultural communication. We should be aware of all the differences that we all have and should treat each other with respect and awareness. I will use this in my class by being aware of all the terms and difference that the students and myself have ,and what we can do to be a cohesive classroom. 

Oftentimes in my teaching career, I have taught in another country to students of a completely different culture. Learning how they think, live, believe, and learn things is crucial, and should be used even when teaching in my own home country. 

That both are equally as important because even if people are the same race, their culture is different, and vice versa. That is important not to categorize individuals based on these ideas.

A multicultural approach focuses less on people's backgrounds and more on the materialization of how they can use the information at hand.

"inter" instead of "across" is a great concept 

This module identifies the impact of recognizing culture and race when interacting with students. It also stresses the need to develop the instructional strategies  to build racial and cultural differences.

We should remember that race is nothing more than a social construct 

Essentially we must not be biased in terms of race and additionally be culturally sensitive when teaching. 

I always look at a student as just that. "A Student". I always try to stay blind to race gender disability whatever, that's not important to me. What is important is how well can this this student be taught.

Sign In to comment