Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Love this module 

In this module I learned about managing classroom behavior. The different techniques, I wished I would have learned earlier in my career.  Sometimes I think just walking around the room and making the students aware you are watching them helps to disperse some of the problems. I can see  where asking someone that is causing problems to politely leave, helps to decrease their anger and hopefully brings your class back under control. 

It gives me useful tips to reprimand but in the most effective way possible if need be

Teachers should use classroom management practices such as giving behavioral expectations and confronting behavioral problems immediately. 

I agree with you 100% if you do not let them know the first meeting then you are setting yourself up and students for an unnecessary rocky road!!

I have experienced some of these classroom challenges in the past and surely much of the feedback in this module does work. I learned here the private written message, I will try it when necessary. 

Discipline

I enjoyed this lesson.  My first time teaching a class I had some disruptive students, I wish I would have thought of handing them a note.  Some good take aways from this course.

Instructors cannot overreact because it will make matters worse.  Instructors should note how students react to the instructors' actions.  Focus more on "I" instead of "you."

I believe the tips for classroom discipline are effective examples of how to deal with difficult students/situations that can arise in an adult classroom. Definitely useful reminders/information. 

Instructor tips are beneficial:

. Do not ignore improper behavior.

. Never lose your temper.

. Correcting improper behavior.

. Criticize the behavior not the person.

. Be proactive.

. Use “I” language” instead of “you” language.

Learned better discipline mgnt options.

As an online instructor it is easy to put a student in "time-out" for 10 minutes.

Maintaining control and never losing our temper is part of the professional expectation. However, dealing with adults is not easy. 

This module taught me and reminded me of useful tools to help me to maintain the correct ambiance for an efficient and productive classroom environment.

I learned many useless tips on how to deal with disruptive students in an appropriate way.

This has taught me that classroom discipline should be positive and tactful. 

I have lernt that in this lesson, It is important to criticize the behavior not the the individual and also to use "I" Not YOU when addressing a person who is disruptive in the classroom.

Comment on AKHERE OBEAHON's post: I agree with you and most often begin with something positive before I discuss the behavior.

Always good to know how to handle problem students.

I hope that the knowledge I get from this will be a greater help to me in the near future in learning my skills.

Sign In to comment