Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I have learnt to use "I" when speaking with students.

This course did give some valuable points that can be enforced in the class.

learned alternative ways to speak to students when addressing poor or inappropriate behavior. 

This course taught me how to better manage the classroom setting. 

I learned strategies to use when dealing with behaviors.

I particularly liked the coaching provided in the disciplinary side of this section of the course.  The classroom revolves on the best behavior.  Setting expectations and follow through with the disciplinary side of the job… always reflect upwards in your chain for administrative back up. 

Adult learners are stakeholders in their education and should have input in higher education

One of the greatest presentations I have ever come across. I have learned a lot from it and for sure it will help me in the long run on gaining classroom control. 

Several important strategies were discussed on how to manage the classroom. Meeting a disruptive student after class is the highlight of my lesson.

I enjoyed this module because it reinforces our control over our classrooms regarding students with behavioral issues. It is vital to understand how to control and diffuse situations before they get to a state of disruption or danger. As we know, some students are disruptive as a way to deflect from other issues or as a way to get attention. Identifying the difference is significant when addressing the behavior. Also, being able to recognize that the discipline approach will be different depending on the structure of the class you are teaching. I do not handle similar situations the same way if I'm in the lab vs. just the classroom.

I learned some discipline tips

I learned effective ways of politely correcting the adult learners.

Managing a classroom is much like managing employees

Comment on Jessica Fraijo's post

I like that advise on sending a student a note during class time, never done that one before. I have to try that approach.

Sign In to comment