Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

These were some great tips on managing classroom and student behaviors.  When you think you've seen it all, the next problem child comes along.

This lesson will help me deal with those students who disrupt the class. I was always worried about how to handle those students the professional way. This has really helped me because I do not really like confrontation so this lesson showed me how to interact with those kinds of students

It provides tools and methods to offer discipline. 

Criticize the behavior, not the individual!

Handing problems in a respectful manner and continue good classroom management

This was such an eye opener and I will definitely begin to apply all I learned right away.

Classroom management techniques presented were very valuable. While student teaching, I did witness a student verbally threatening a professor. Had she handled it in the manner in which it was presented, the outcome, I feel, would have been much more positive.

These are great tools to handle behaviors in the classroom

I learned that is important for faculty to work as a team to promote consistency in school & classroom discipline. 

My expectations are that adult learners are self motivated and will have my idea of adult behavior as well; this is not always the reality. Generally I am very calm and not moved by minor infractions but when they are allowed to persist unchecked, the problem does grow, along with my annoyance and feelings of disrespect.  The lesson emphasized early responses that will maintain my, the student's and the class integrity. I look forward to adding, the walk-by, the little note as suttle but powerful ways that may reset unwanted behavior without further steps being necessary.

This course provided some interesting strategies to deal with disciplinary issues. 

I learned many useful strategies and tips for managing control in my classroom. I especially appreciated the "Tips" and real world examples.

Some good tips in this course for classrooms management. Definatley adding some of these tips to my practice.

This course is sorely needed. I really couldve used this,especially regarding the 'Classroom Discipline'. I defintely plan to utiize this. Very valuable indeed!

I like the option of quietly slipping a disruptive student a note, like an olive branch, to maintain their dignity in front of classmates and encourage cooperation. 

I think this was a good course. One thing I noticed though was the suggestions about what to do about tardiness which is actually not an option at my school. I also thought it was interesting it suggested that we ask the students to be a part of creating policies for the school. I feel like this is a bad idea in some regard, or is almost more of a game to make it seem that we will take their opinions into consideration. I know the students complain a lot about the rules as the school where I work and the only way to let them think they have a voice in the matter would be to allow them to break the rules. I think it's a bit difficult to always make the students feel empowered while at the same time, holding them to standards they do not agree with or believe are reasonable. It's been really difficult in that regard. 

When you have to deal with disruption, always remember to keep your cool. You can easily make a small situation a giant problem if you become agitated. Never try to meet with any student, especially after an incident, by yourself. It's always a good idea to have the CD or DOE present.

By positively reinforcing the expectation for classroom behavior, promptly and with respect, disciplinary issues can be successfully resolved preventing further interruptions. 

Great info! 

In my career, I've made errors such as losing my temper, reprimanding students in class publicly, and have ignored certain disruptive behaviors. This course has helped me learn some tips in properly managing a class of adult learners and I will try the slipping a note approach in the future to preserve student dignity. 

Sign In to comment