Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Coping with Stress and Burnout | Origin: ED400

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Coping with Stress and Burnout

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

On this topic, I learned about how to recognize burnout and how to cope with it.  I do intend to apply the suggested routine for 21 days.  I do believe that after 21 days it will become a habit and I look forward to it.

I definitely need to start to implement all of these strategies into my everyday life. Sometimes the stress consumes me, and I have a difficult time being mindul about utiizing these strategies, but I am hoping that with some patience, practice, and mindfulness, the techniques become organic.

I love the idea of just "taking time". I sometimes forget to give myself permission to slow down and pause and regroup. I am hoping with time i am mindful to pause so not to get burned out.

I learned my "A-B-C's" which taught me that adversity is inevitable.  How I accept and cope with adversity is what will ultimately shape the impact that adversity will have on me (positive or negative).  I will incorporate this into my life by welcoming and facing adversity with the challenge to overcome it in a healthy way.

I have previously been burnt out so recognition of what to look out for and means by which I can mitigate/lessen my risk. 

Expecting perfection brings negative results.  That is counterproductive to maintaining a healthy work attitude. 

Expecting a better outcome to your situation

Expecting a better outcome to your situation

I am a creature of habbit so starting this 21 day routine could be just what the Dr. ordered to help me not burn out. also to improve my life here at work and at home.

it is important to keep a positive outlook and not let yourslef get burnt out due to expectations

Having an OCD in being clean and organized at home and at work , it is a real stress and get burnt out at the end of the day, which also giving me insomia at times. Now I have learned some tips on how to deal with burnout. I believed that the suggested routine of 21 days will work best for me. Thank you

Pay attention to sleep, nutrition and exercise.

Putting myself first and performing a self assessment is vital to my overall health and the health of my family.

I am going to try to focus on the positive things I can control, instead of always focusing on the negative that I can't control.

Stress is not always bad however, it's our perception of the situation that can determine the outcome.  We need to be able to balance everything out and not get so caught up in the tasks/obligations, etc.  The 21 day challenge will help to incorporate a new healthy habit which is definitely useful. And it is ok to rest from it all

Through this PD I learned how to recognize burnout and I am going to do one of the 21 day activities. I had already read about the breathing techniques during COVID and I do find that they do help to relax and focus. 

I believe meditation has a lot to do with coping with stress.  Not only is it a great way to decompress and relax, meditation helps excercise the ability to focus on the task at hand and ignore outside influences in the environment that cause distraction.

Lacking concentration then stressing over work that wasn't done becomes a feedback loop that spins out of control to burnout.  

I believe sleep is extremely important to productivity. I try to get at least 7 hrs nightly and it truely helps.

Yes, taking time to excercise is very important.  It almost feels like an addiction if I miss a run.  Even better, it's good to haave a partner who helps you keep motivated.  My boy Miller keep us motivated, and he's a food nut, so I think I'll become more open to trying healthier food options. I usually stick to the same food routine, but opening my pallet to different, healthier foods is a welcome change. 

Sign In to comment