Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Lately I've been suplementing my diet with fiber, and I am impressed with the results.  It was a quick change that was easily adopted, but as I kept up with this addition, it has eveolved from drinking a flavorless beverage to adding more natural sources of fiber to my diet.

I believe any change toward a healthier lifestyle has the opportunity to evolve into something you'd never expect.

I look forward to incorporating more...epecially sleep! 

I will defninitely try to focus more on positive things in my life that I can control instead of tending to get stuck thinking about negative things that I cannot control.  I am willing to try a few of the 21 day exercises for stress relief and renewal.

Working in community nursing was deeply rewarding while simoltaneously inflicting a load of vicarious trauma

It is essential to maintain balance between work, liesure, health and mental aspects.  Health can be affected by an imbalance of those factors.  

I already know about my burnout, I'm a HVAC contractor in the day and a HVAC instructor at night, no breaks. I like to have PTO from my instructor job, but we do not have the facalty, So I burn throught the burnouts and go forth. 

Self-care is important. Knowing limit and boundaries are important as well. As a leader, it is important to recognize this in my employees and ensure they feel supported and not overwhelmed. 

Diaphragatic breathing

Meditation

Sleep

90 minutes break

All the above can help to reduce burnout

I plan to continue building healthy relationships inside and outside of work and learn meditation techniques.

I learned that different factors plays a part in your stress levels, but you have to identify them and take measures to reduce them.

I like the idea that the energy people bring to their work in their lives is far more important in terms of the value of their work than the number of hours they work by managing energy more skillfully. 

I have honestly learned more about myself and have been personally reflecting throughout the course so far. I feel as if I am on the verge of burnout. That's not something I would like for myself. I am going to really work on recharging and renewing myself. I need to work on fixing my sleep, exercising more, and just taking better care of myself. I didn't realize that I was on the verge until I started this course. I realize how much I just ignore and what I can already do in order to do better for myself. 

I really enjoyed the information on perspective, evaluating our beliefs about adversity, and focusing on having an internal locus of cotrol.  In regards to taking control of one's own health to reduce stress, the simple changes that could be implemented in each of the 4 areas, nutrition, sleep, exercise, and meditation, might best be tackled one, 21-day challenge at a time, so that you don't feel like you have to improve or change everything all at once.  I've really been focusing on this over the past several months since the Covid-19 pandemic created so much added stress to all of our lives, and especially those like myself who work in healthcare.  I started just by simply trying to go for a walk for 15 to 20 minutes each day for 21 days.  The next month, I continued with walking and tried to reduce the amount of sugar in my diet for 21 days, and so on and so forth, until I found that I was able to develop healthy habits in many areas over a period of time.  When we try to tackle all areas at once, it becomes overwhelming, and then we are much more likely to give up before we can sufficiently develop the habit.

I have already been working on changing my diet and now plan to add some daily meditation time.

I think we all need a reminder from time to time that our attitude isone of the biggest indicators of how we handle stress.  It's easy to have a bad attitude when facing burnout but knowing my negativity is making it worse gives me incentive to change my attitude. 

When comparing this lesson to my daily life, I have learned to schedule a better sleep time at night, eat better, and make a habit of some sort of excercise will help relieve stress in a major way. 

This course offers a myraid of exercises that are beneficial to reducing stress that can lead to stress and/or burnout.

I have really enjoyed the topics discussed.

I guess I have to revise my list of negative words, and add "should" and "could" to it. I never psychologized them that much in the past.

I always feel like when the summer comes I finnally get a chance to focus on ME. I start eating better, exercising regularly, making to-do lists that are enjoyable and not stressful. I would really like to focus hard on carrying these good habits into the school year as much as possible and not feel like my wellness is so seasonal

Something I have learned through this lesson is that the same things that cause stress and burnout are the same things that cause unhappiness in your life and you deal with it in the same way. I have already started breathing exercises and will try getting more sleep and eating healthier.

I recognize I work way too many hours and don't take time for myself. I need more sleep, better nutrtiion and more time to hit the gym. 

Sign In to comment