Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Students that feel secure are motivated to learn.  Educators can enhance a students security by being available for questions and explanations of didactic and demonstrative curriculum.  Positive feedback, encourgement, and coaching can increase automony.  

This video presentation provided valuable information that I use with my students. Not everything is applicable, i.e., allowing students to choose which assignment to complete and which method they can complete it. 

Availibility for questioning is key to student learning.

Give choices that will benefit both student and learning environment

try to focus on the positive rather than the negetive. It is a good thing to look at feed back early in the learnign process

I appreacited the discussion of autonomy - it can be a win win for both student and instructor when applied properly in the classroom. 

allowing students to choose which assignment or suggest which assignment helps them learn the most can influence their motivation.

Meet students where they are at.

Giving the students the motivation will help them participate in class more.  They will take on more ownership

Agree with providing autonomy in class so that students learn material that is being taught comfortably. Great material will incorporate.

Giving students autonomy over their learning by providing options 

Be supportive to the needs of the student in a professional manner.

It is very important to give support and an explanation.

Security and autonomy work to enhance the student's ability to learn and feel encouraged to become a better-involved student

It is very important for adults to feel that they have a say in thier learning process 

Security was something that stuck out to me. The student has to believe in their abilities in the classroom in order to help them thrive. I think this is important for us all some point in time in our lives.

great job

I use a lot of what was discussed in my classroom. One thing i do need to do is give students enough time to answer a question.   

Always be positive and be clear in explaining. 

great knowlege

Sign In to comment