Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

We can use all domains in one way or another resulting in students success. Every student is different and learns in a variety of ways.

I was not always aware how to use objectives when teaching in the project based learning environment but it is invaluable to teaching this way because it gives us step by step instructions and our students can learn this way too.  It is very organized which is a big part of education and helping studnets stay on task.

Giving hands on training to relate to real world events will motivate  the student to want to achieve further. Giving praise and encouragement will allow for the student to want to excel in learning.

Education requires an Eclectic approach. Must engage all Centers in order to teach the whole person

I find that lab experience is vital to teaching as it ties theory to practice.  As Charles mentioned above, lab instruction and experience really allows a student to develop the real-world skills needed to be successful professionals in their area of study/expertise.  It also allows the student to apply the principles they have been learning during instruction, thus creating a more holistic student.  Particularly as it relates to Bloom's Taxonomy, lab experience allows all three domains to be tied together, and as with instruction, lab activities should be well thought out and planned, and contain specific objectives and criteria, again, to clearly define for the student what he or she will gain from successfully completing the lab requirements.

all students are different 

As a nurse of over 33 years, it is crucial to apply competency-based learning. The experience and knowledge that students gain is invaluable. It helps develop critical thinking skills as well. 

There are different teaching approaches to reach different levels of learning by an atudent.  

It totally makes sense why some lab activities are just a movement through steps rather than a thinking, cognitive excercise. It is important to work in the theory and practice for a full learning experience.

I believe it is very important to pay attention to the affective and psychomotor domains, just as it is in the cognitive domain, in order to develop well rounded students who have more than just the knowledge of the skill or technique. 

The "fundamental objectives" in the lab/shop environment was super helpful. I've defintely had labs where they were useful but not as effieicent as I'd wanted. The objectives list gives me some good criteria to reassess my labs objectives.

I have learned the importance of competency-based education and plan to use it in a setting with adult learners.

work together as a team

be a more informed instructor 

more communicative

Lab is where the rubber hits the road.  The students get to use their hands AND their minds together.  I have them repeat tasks so they develop "muscle memory" so when they are tested, they don't shake, but rather just go through the motions and perform the task correctly.  It helps build confidence.  I agree with my colleagues that there are a lot of "light bulb" moments as they integrate a concept into a reality based situation.  They are then able to translate that directly into their clinical/work experiences.  

This is great

Al domains needs to be applied, every student is different just like every teacher is different

Bloom's taxonomy is a great guide to assist with higher level/critical thinking assignments/skills.

very well

Sign In to comment