Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

All teaching medthods are needed.

Every student willlearn om a different level.

blooms taxonomy into competency based education to ensure that students are understanding completely through tthe 3 levels

Bloom's Taxonomy has all the right breakdowns, every student learns at different speeds / levels and abilities. 

Competency based education is a must.

It is important to use all three phases of Blooms taxonomy to help every student learn to their fullest ability, as well as get a complete grasp of the objective.

Competency based learning in my feild of teaching works really well (Carpentry). If all the domains are followed properly I beleive they students will learn this trade and leave our school confident in their abilities

All of the domains of Bloom's Taxonomy should be utilitzed to further challenge the learner's aptitude.

Revisiting Bloom's Taxonomy and applying verbiage will enhance student learning in the laboratory environment.

There is definitely value in competency based learning-it is important to have clear objectives and also see the nexus with the 3 areas from Bloom's Taxonomy

There are multiple components of competency based learning. 

We must be mindful and ensure we are maintaining reliability and up-to-date best practice between practice and theory

Bloom's Taxonomy is essential to achieving competency-based learning.

Utilizing the three area of blooms taxonomy into competency based education is so effective to ensure the development of the students.

The affective domain is, for me, the most difficult to come to terms with. I believe that trial and error methods are probably most effective in creating a good understand and practical application of the affective domain. Understanding a students character and comfort level (and what makes them comfortable) is good to understand. 

Finding objectives for my shop classes will be a goal this year. I think I do some already without knowing it.

I have been rereading this material and Bloom's Taxonomy is an interesting idea. How have you used this in your classroom?

It's important that you make sure the students know what they need to do and what you are looking for so they can do everything you want them to do 

It is important to be able to apply knowledge learned and demonstrate competencey in the ability to do so.

Blooms Taxonomy is an interesting teaching tool. I could see how it could really work in a shop situation. I like what Mike wrote in the commment above. 

Sign In to comment