Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

A combination of all the different styles of learning seems to work best with adult learners. Our student population is a diversified group of students and the learning process is often adjusted to accommodate all students. Learning styles should be updated often to fit the student body. 

The closer an activity is to real life the more likely the student will interact with the material and learn it. 

Simulation is the best way to learn, simply because the closer the experience is to the real world, the easier it is to transfer the learning.

I have never considered the use of games and simulations within the classroom. I am going to now looking to the future. 

Comment on Karen Sharber's post: Very well said Karen..I totally agree with you that "not all students learn the same' and therefore, it is imperative that we incorporate various learning styles.

Games and simulations are great tools to enhance learning.

There are multiple ways to engage learners-simulation is the most effective

The ABC's of learning are a good way to create learning objectives when teaching other's material.

Simulation is one of the best parts to learning. 

How to use simulations to reinforce learning.

That it will be a great challenge to a find balance that will serve well for the many learning styles of individuals.

Simulations are a good learning activity that allows for all learners to benefit.

Comment on Michael Taylor's post: It is always a good idea to obtain a baseline of how your students learn. Incorparating different teaching styles can appeal to all learners. Cramming is never the best way to learn. Learning concepts and rationales is the best way to learn.

I learned that games are great educators and time limits on lectures/learning are important.

I like the idea of giving as much time for the debrief as for the learning time.

While simulations are great learning activities and are used frequently, I learned how important the debriefing was in solidifying what the students learned and will learn from reflection of the activity

Learned I need to incorporate more learning styles and activities into my lessons.  

Comment on Michael Taylor's post: A good foundation is what a student will be building on for the rest of their lives, so I feel no matter the subject or skill they need a good foundation.

Plan on spending sufficient amount of time on debriefing what was currently taught

The three different ways people can learn and how the balance of lecture and interaction is important.

Sign In to comment