Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Everyone has different learning styles, but we need to help students find out what works best for them and follow up to make sure they are adapting to the enviroment. 

Game are always a great tool in learning

Activities need to be meaningful, not just something to pass time.

Simulation activities tend to create a real life experience. Debriefing is important in understanding your students. Use activities that in include visual, auditory, and kinesthetic ways to teach.

Stimulating students with a game like atmosphere and getting them to enjoy learning is a great way to teach.

I reallt like the ideas presented around the debriefing session and how that should play out following a learning avtivity. the process of reflecting back to the students what they learned and my not have fully accepted yet. Allowing the negative experiences to be aired out while also leading with follow up questions to the postive being drawn out. good stuff.

As new instructors we have to remember to engauge our students in ways that will promote the retention and the willingness to repeat the process because it is associated with pleasure and a pleasent envoronment.

I learned how important the debriefing process is.  Often we run out of class time and neglect the debriefing since there is so much content to cover.  I plan to make the debriefing a necessary part of the learning process.  I will also be looking into some alpha music for during group work.  Chemistry can be frustrating for some students and this might help.

Debriefing is a great opportunity to help students understand the material better.

The most important audit of an activity is making sure that it is aligned to the learning objectives for the session. 

Simulations are very effective methods of learning. Best is using all possible methods and techniques.

Stimulation and debriefing are two important parts of learning. 

Most people fall into 3 types of learning, visual, auditory and kinesthetic. You can learn from a combination of all 3 though. 

You can use games and simulations during your teaching but students tend to learn more from simulations. The reason is simulations offer a real world experience which in return makes it easier to learn. 

Doris Owens

Taylor has good points for the instructor to recognize the different learning capabilities in the classroom.

Comment on jose cohetero's post: I think it would be great to have more simulation in the classroom and plan on incorporating more scenarios with my next term

Simulation and games make learning engaging and keep learners focused. 

Learning objectives and debriefing can be thought of as a quality control to be built into the classroom. 

I have always had questions at the end of labs, but like the debriefing idea. I will be incorporating this in my labs for a more detailed learning experience. 

I use daily production of products in the kitchen and demonstrations. the debrief is the evaluation of completed products and eating the product.

What have I learned from this module? Well, heck, I didn’t know there were so many intelligences. I do think it would be difficult to hit all of them. There is something profoundly un-kinesthetic about English (which is what I teach). Books are books. Thoughts are thoughts. Words are words. It’s very hard to make it a tactile and action-y type of learning. But, perhaps, being more aware that there are different types of learners will make me more conscientious about how I present material.

Sign In to comment