Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I think organization is a huge part of teaching efficiency. This is why the syllabus, curriculum outline and setting goals are so important to how well the students do and how well you deliver information as an instructor. 

Planning and preparation are instrumental in providing effective content delivery. Students benefit from clear and easy to follow lesson plans that demonstrate goals and plans to reach them.

Its important to be prepared, and focused for myself and for the students. Giving myself extra time to connect and breathe before we get into our start of class in important. 

Preparation is the key for developing a positive environment for students.

Having a 'To Do List' outlining the flow of the day, being prepared for the course and anticipating student queries.

Learned about the five major areas necessary to improve and develop courses. Elements such as themes and fundamental principles can hold a course together for a student; therefore, having a well plan out syllabus can help the students.

Go in early and show that you are interested in not just the class but in the people as well. 

being prepared sets the stage, greeting people , makes a comfort level

Engage with alllll the students

Checklist is KEY!! I love my checklist, notes, organization, etc., anything to help prepare myself for the first class. And arriving early to show a presence for my students. 

arrive early

Preparation helps things go smoothly.

Preparation is key.  I have been on the end where I wasn't prepared for an entire day and have run into some very quiet moments where I was at a loss.  I am working on getting better at having backups.

Have a good course outline, set goals as to what you want to accomplish during the class. On the first day of class, use check lists and keep a notebook handy.

Being prepared, having that positive attitude, and willing to learn peoples names does make a difference right before the lecture begins.  People interact with a variety of people and being able to communicate clearly prepares the individuals to face the real world.

Checklists, especially on the first day of class, can ease nerves and help the students settle in.

The module was very important because it is all about planning and the important work done before the class.  I forget who said it but it reminds me of the old adage, those who fail to plan, plan to fail. 

Preparation is key to success. Doing the necessary work to prepare for the class and having everything completed. lined up and ready to go is much of the work. By doing this, the instructor is set up for success. I also am reminded to come to class 30 minutes (or more) early to have everything set up and ready to go and able to meet and greet students as they come in. Set the tone, give students clear objectives and a roadmap to be successful in the class. 

It is important  to have a plan, communicate, define policies, rules and expectations and share them with our students so they know how they will be measure.

Making sure the students understand the syllabus and course objectives.

Sign In to comment