Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

This information should be reviewed on a regular basis as it makes everyone accomplish their work efficiently

Being prepared is the best way to show the students your commitment to their learning.

The importance of applying the ABCDs to developing objectives to support the goals set forth in the syllabus struck a chord with me, as did the reminder again to build on the last section's emphasis on the human component. Details in developing the course syllabus, materials, and setting the classroom dynamic to support the students as they learn are things I will take into consideration. 

It is important to be well prepared with. clear objectives, and to be on time.   A syllabus is a contract between the teacher and student and the more detailed the easier it is for students to meet the expectations.  

The syllabus should have specific goals and objectives for the course. It should also include the assignments, quizes and tests that will be utilized for determining if the goals and objectives have been met.

Preparation is key to ensuring a successful course.  This includes not only a well-developed and comprehensive syllabus, but enacting our previously learned emphasis on timeliness and attention to detail, and developing a checklist as well.

Preparation is the key to having a successful classroom setting. It helps to alleviate coming off like you are incompetent to your students. Plus, if something does unexpectedly come up, you are better prepared to handle it in a way that is more manageable.

It is important to understand and for the student's to understand the purpose of the class and what the goals are for their success. Organization and preparation are crucial for a teacher to be efficient and effective in teaching the core competencies for the course. The student and the teacher can be relaxed and confident if everyone understands what is expected of them. 

Mingling with the class can reduce the stress of the presentation.  It puts you on a more personal level with everyone and eases your mind about the barrier between teacher and student.  This is highly beneficial when teaching your peers (adults) because of the previous section where they discussed someone in the room will always be smarter.  You don't need to sell your knowledge or depth of a topic, you need to sell your passion and interest in it.

Always be prepared. Know your textbooks, know your handout materials and create a check off list for yourself on things to do.

Early preparation is essential. Focusing on the students rather than what you are going to say eases the nervousness. Letting the students know what's expected from them.

It's important to have a well developed syllabus for the success of not only the students learning but to help the instructor with being successful during the instruction. 

Being Prepared with a Checklist and showing up 15 mins early to class are great tips!

prepare...prepare...prepare

It is important to make a checklist of what you are going to do for the class and to review the course objectives. 

I learned the best ways to develop any course. Also I understand and add a new information how the instructor behaves inside the class. Moreover, the teaching environment, text book, course contents and teaching skills are most important to offer active learning.   

Create a syllabus that is beneficial to the instructor, but most importantly to the student for course guidance.

I use post it notes to as a note pad. That way if an issue needs to be readdressed I can save the notes on it.

Pre-planning and and awareness of the learning environment can help make learning outcomes for effective.

I have learned that it is very important to plan and make the syllabus is clear.

Sign In to comment