Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Ask a question from your peers to help you in your professional work. Seek different points of view on a topic that interests you. Start a thought-provoking conversation about a hot, current topic. Encourage your peers to join you in the discussion, and feel free to facilitate the discussion. As a community of educators, all members of the Career Ed Lounge are empowered to act as a discussion facilitator to help us all learn from each other.

Student Criminal Backgrounds

Students will complete programs even though they know that their negative background screenings may prevent them from getting jobs in the their fields of study. In the long run it hurts the programs' placement numbers. The students who are unemployable due to their background screenings should not be counted in the programs' placement numbers.

Making an informed decision

As a service provider it is our responsibility to inform the customer in our instance the prospective students the pros and cons about the institution and the program they are about or interested to enroll. I will demand it from any provider if I am the one needing the service. After all it is my precious investment, i.e time and money, and I can't afford to waste them.

Non-monetary Motivational Strategies

What can managers do to motivate employees given the additional federal restrictions with elimination of the "safe harbors"?

Eliciting Student Referrals

What methods of seeking student referrals from other students are appropriate, given the new restrictions?

Competitive Advantages

If a student asks you how your institution compares to another competitive institution, what is a good way to respond to the question?

Handling Do-Not-Call Restrictions

How does your institution track which students they are allowed (or not allowed) to call based on the Do-Not-Call regulations?

Comparison Calculator

How does the proposed comparison calculator work?

Misrepresentation of Expected Income

Is it permissable for an instructor to divuldge what he/she has made in their career to students enrolled in the course, or should it be handled in general terms?

For Placement Rates

What is the difference between calculating placement rates on a Program Basis / Program Level versus calculating placement rates at the institutional level?

Non-monetary Motivational Strategies

What can managers do to motivate employees given the additional federal restrictions with elimination of the "safe harbors"?

Catalog Information

Which topics from your school catalog do you most frequently reference in your daily job?

Home Schooling

When presented with a home school diploma, is it mandatory in the state of Florida to provide transcripts?

Financial Aid

It seems as though the main area that should be routinely internally audited would be financial aid because of all of the components and specifics. Do you think that this is the case?

Information

My school does a great job of training and providing employees with information about rules and regulations.  This course offered great information, and did refresh me on some material that I have not come across in a while.  All in all I am glad I was able to take this course, I think it will help me grow professionally.

Handling Do-Not-Call Restrictions

Our institution updates student files by masking their Do-Not-Call number. This prohibits calls to the student at the registered number. In addition, the student is identified as being registered with the National Do-Not-Call database.

Eliciting Student Referrals

What methods of seeking student referrals from other students are appropriate, given the new restrictions?

Competitive Advantages

If a student asks you how your institution compares to another competitive institution, what is a good way to respond to the question?

A quick self-assessment

If you’ve just completed a training course, please consider responding to the three self-assessment questions below. Your responses will help you and other participants to get a head start on the transfer of training process.

1. What have you learned? Write a brief summary of what you’ve learned.

2. How can you apply it? List one or two ways in which you can apply what you’ve learned in your professional practice.

3. What support do you need? Identify any support or additional information that you may need to apply what you’ve learned.

Course of Action

What is the best course of action to take when a policy has changed by a regulatory agency which affects the processing of documents or changing your policies and/or procedures. What is the general timeframe in which to implement these changes?

Team Members?

What kind of of career/academic background should your internal audit members possess?