Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Handling Do-Not-Call Restrictions

How does your institution track which students they are allowed (or not allowed) to call based on the Do-Not-Call regulations?

We have centralized regular scrubs of our lead database , i believe, monthly, which i will confirm

We use the Diamond D database.

Hi Jeffrey,
I am not familiar with the Diamond D database. How does it work?

Periodically, the system scrubs leads against the do not call registry as well as leads older than 90 days that have not been contacted.

I know that we do have centralized scrubs as well as with the use of campus vue which helps to regulate it as well. There is also a web-based point of contact to let our call center know and vice versa if we have spoken to someone who no longer wishes to be contacted. I think that this system is pretty effective when all of the users make sure to report to one another and update campus vue.

Hi Kevin,

This is great process that ensures that the DNC registry guidelines are met.

Cindy Bryant, Facilitator

Alison,

It is so important that everyone involved understands the system and the reporting mechanisms. This is done through consistent communication and periodic follow up.

Cindy Bryant, Facilitator

We use CampusVue. When it is determined a student is on the DNC list or has asked to be placed on our DNC list, we change their status in CV to DNC and remove their number so we are not allowed to call.

Jeanne,

Removing the student's number is great way to safeguard their DNC status. As a back up many institutions inform the Department directors via email that the student is DNC.

Cindy Bryant

Initial contact is only a response to students contacting us. We use tracking software to assure compliance.

Our school does not do any cold calling. We only call people who have requested to be called via our website.

Jessica,

This is a great way to avoid the DNC list. What happens if a student calls and 2 months later they place their number on the DNC list?

Cindy Bryant

Our database system we use has a Do not Call option on it where once we click it, it turns the call number and anything related to calling BOLD RED.

Pretty nice!

We send the information to do not call list and remove the telephone number from the lead or prospect. Without the phone number you are unable to call

John,

I believe that it is best to err on the side of caution. I can appreciate the fact that you actually delete the information to avoid a mishap.

Cindy Bryant

Our institution has a call center established at our home office where the staff members in the center are well trained and coached on how to track and the proper conversations to have when contacting prospective students. After the prospective student has been initially contacted by the call center, the information is then forwarded to the admission staff member in the actual campus they are interested in attending. Little to no cold calling is done at the school level and we have field trainers out and about training and coaching throughout our system.

Toni,

For the most part, we have focused on campus activity but you mention a very important part of career schools and that is the call centers that handle the initial inquiry. Training call center employees on misrepresentation is critical for any institution. It is very easy to inadvertently misrepresent a fact if you are dealing with volume and trying to get to the next call. Thanks for the reminder.
Cindy Bryant

We use a computer data base to ensure that we do not call anyone who is on the Do-not-call registry in MA.

Our campus typically follows the DNC registry regulations; that's to say, if we speak with someone who has requested us not to call them, we update our Campus Vue and notify our DOA.

Sign In to comment