Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Handling Do-Not-Call Restrictions

Our institution updates student files by masking their Do-Not-Call number. This prohibits calls to the student at the registered number. In addition, the student is identified as being registered with the National Do-Not-Call database.

Our home office scrubs out the names and the admissions representative will not be able to see the number once it is DNC.

I have to say that this is information that I do not have since I do not make calls to potential students.

I am not personally responsible for this action; however, I do know that our admissions staff will note an account in our system (CAMPUS VUE) and this will alert us to contact a student.

How does your institution track which students they are allowed (or not allowed) to call based on the Do-Not-Call regulations?

"Do Not Call" can be found under a students file in our database as well as a comment for all to view.

Students in the data base have Do Not Call listed as their numbers. This alerts any employee that a student is on the Do Not Call list.

The Admissions Department will forward me (DOA) directly anyone that has told them to not call again. I forward this to our Marketing Database Analyst who then removes their name out of view

The student accounts are marked as "do not call" in our database. I am not personally involved with contacting potential students.

it would be found on Campus View

Although I have no contact in Admissions procedures I know our institution does the same (staff notes in account to contact or not). We strive for Best Practice as indicated in the text "Best Practice in Student Affairs."

Our institution enters "Do not call" on the student's account where the phone number would be.

We have a NO call list in Campus Vue, it's very easy to identify once you pull the student information up with the software it states Do Not Call.

Do you also have something in place to mark those that are on the national do-not-call list in addition to those who specifically ask that you take them off yor call list?

We import the Federal List monthly into CampusVue, which takes care of the 90 days for new leads, and the 180 days for grads rule. Any number on the list outside of those dates has the DNC automatically masked assuming the number is on the DNC list.

We use the fededeal do not call list, updated on a regular basis and entered into Campus Vue.

Even though the Department that I work in doesn't directly contact students for admissions purposes. We can still view the "Do not call" status that is in the student record from the Campusview database.

We have a Do Not Call box in our CampusVue student master. I am not involved with calling students.

yes, AP's can also mark if a student has asked to be placed on our DNC list.

The department I work in does not contact students directly for admissions purposes. But when looking at a stduent's demographics, a phone number able to be seen on the demographics page indicates a phone call can be made. However, if an individual request has been made either through the national DNC or directly to an employee asking the institution not to call, the phone number is removed from this screen and replaced with the phrase, "Do Not Call".

Sign In to comment