Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Making an informed decision

As a service provider it is our responsibility to inform the customer in our instance the prospective students the pros and cons about the institution and the program they are about or interested to enroll. I will demand it from any provider if I am the one needing the service. After all it is my precious investment, i.e time and money, and I can't afford to waste them.

I do not totally agree with the statement. I believe we should provide facts regarding the school and its programs. Pros and cons are subjective and filled with opinion; sticking with facts and answering prospective student questions honestly and backing it up with fact is the best way to go.

I also don't completely agree with this statement. We should provide facts regarding the school and it's program, but we don't necessarily have to provide the cons since they are very subjective. We can state the facts and stick to them. It is up to the student at that point to make his or her informed decision.

William - I understand what you are saying and agree that we should provide facts. Certain facts may be perceived as "cons" (or pros) but if they are areas of required disclosue, they must be provided even if they may seem negative.

I believe we need to give the facts of our school and show the prospective our school. We need to have full disclosure and answer all of the questions given as truthfully as we can or find the answer for them. However, the pros and cons are for the student to bring up as all of us are different as to how we interpret what is given us. Discussion of pros and cons then comes next openly to reveal the truth.

Interpretations and separating fact from fiction can be hard at times for some people. Offering opinions and helpful suggestions to assist a student make an informed decision is called good customer service. However, if the employee is saying negatively about his or her place of employment or industry. S/he should not be working for that employer/industry. "Employment at will"

Full disclosure provides the borrower with information about the actual cost of the loan, including the interest rate, origination, insurance, and loan fees, and any other kinds of finance charges. Lenders are required to provide the borrower with a disclosure statement before issuing a loan. With this said,you would hope that people are honest when making a disclosure statement to the prospective student.

I agree. I would like the same for my family and friends.

Jill - these details regarding loan information are certainly critical to ensure students understand their repayment obligations. Lenders, as you note, have significant disclosure requirements with which they must comply.

I agree, we should only disclose what is factual. Only give what can be proven, not what we think. When we give pros and cons then we are injecting our feelings into the conversation instead of what is real.

I agree . If I was a potential student, I would like to be provided with the facts and total honesty regarding the school and the program in which I am applying for. Honesty is always the best policy.

I concur,

With each potential student I meet with I make it my goal to use the "Golden Rule". If I were the customer/ student I would want the most detailed and accurate information available.

TT

I agree I feel we are responsiable to inform our customers everything about the program they choose. Let them sit in a class, have them look on job sites for that program, including G and E reports.

Consumers are more aware now and we must be truthful and accurate with what we are saying and showing. Our customers are shopping around and they will decide based on the relationship built up front and what facts they believe about an institution.

I think it is very important that students are well informed of their decision to pursue any type of education. There is a cost both personally and financially to education. A well informed prospective student can make this choice. "Talking" a student into a program is never wise. This often leads to the student being unhappy and feeling "misled", which is where I feel much of the regulatory changes stem. While I agree with the statement at face value, I would be inclined to reword it to say informing the prospective student of what to expect the institution to provide for them and what they would need to do themselves to be successful in the prosepctive institution in their prospective field of study.

I generally agree with this statement and firmly believe in the importance of transparency and accuracy when talking with prospective students. Information should be factual, however, avoiding opinions that may inappropriately bias a prospective student's decision.

I agree. I would want to know the facts of what I am about to get myself into especially if I am the one who is paying.

I would love to be able to show each prospective student the text books and class assignment schedule prior to them enrolling. I believe those items should also be disclosed.

The students are investing a lot of time, energy and money when they enroll in this program. They deserve to understand EXACTLY what to expect and what this program can provide for them. I review all of the aspects of the program with them and give them information regarding the degrees and costs of obtaining the license in other ways so they can make an informed decision. This is the information I would ask for if I were in their position.

I agree as well. When I was an Admissions Representative I always tried to think of myself as the student...what information would I want to know if I was a prospective student. Students should know about the pros and cons because it is a big investment and it is their future!

Sign In to comment