Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Catalog Information

Which topics from your school catalog do you most frequently reference in your daily job?

I am a program director for patient care technician, and I use the Catalog a lot. I reference to it when I am advising students (attendance/academic policy, dress code, conduct policies). I will copy the page and give it to the student with a written advisement for clarity and to minimize confusion. It also establishes consistency in our department.

Marie - I'm always happy to hear of people referencing the catalog regularly. It's typically a great source for answers!Referencing it directly reduces risk of confusion that some have if they have heard/seen it in multiple places with slight variances in verbiage.

I typically reference program listings, course requirements and details of specific academic policies.

The academic calendar and the rules on SAP are the items I use most from the catalog.

Attendance policy, Dress code, Class start dates, Grievance policy, Admissions requirements

Admission requirement, transfer of credits, and attendance policy.

I agree, these are the 3 topics I reference most frequently. I also reference the academic standards as it comes to attendance and probation.

The attendance policy. Even though we go over this in the student orientation, and give them a verbal quiz the first day of class, attendance is an ongoing issue. Every day I hear " I didn't no" missing 30 minutes or more at clinical was an absence." But we show them in the catalog and remind them we have gone over this numerous times.

I use the catalog frequently for various topics. I find myself referencing the catalog for personal edification, as well as when speaking with students. Most often, I find myself reviewing the attendance policy, dress code and conduct policies.

I typically reference the conduct policy most frequently, particularly the dress code.

I provide an overview of the catelogue and stress the importance of refering to it as a reference for the policies and procedures. The most stressed topics are dress code, attendance policies, complaint prodecures, course descriptions

Completion, pass, and placement rates
Course costs
Attendance policy
Dress code

Withdrawal Policy
Attendance Policy
Academic Policy
Dress Code

I mostly reference our Mission Statement because it summarizes what we stand for.

Linda - great to hear you emphasize the importance of the catalog. It is a critical part of the agreement between schools and their students.

Great point, Richard! The catalog serves as a great reference to employees, as well as students.

Ione - you make a good point that having the catalog to reference is a good tool to help reinforce policies.

Unfortunate, I address classroom conduct, dress code, makeup assignments, and attendance violations. Whenever I need to meet with a student regarding any of these violations, I have them read the highlighted information out of my college catalog.

The topics I most frequent from my school catalog include: student Information/Services, Academic Information, and Academic Standards

Sign In to comment