Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Ask a question from your peers to help you in your professional work. Seek different points of view on a topic that interests you. Start a thought-provoking conversation about a hot, current topic. Encourage your peers to join you in the discussion, and feel free to facilitate the discussion. As a community of educators, all members of the Career Ed Lounge are empowered to act as a discussion facilitator to help us all learn from each other.

Getting VR Lessons Set Up | Origin: EC131

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Developing VR Lessons --> Getting VR Lessons Set Up

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

What Do I Need to Develop VR Lessons? | Origin: EC131

Developing VR Lessons --> What Do I Need to Develop VR Lessons?

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

Introduction to VR | Origin: EC131

Developing VR Lessons --> Introduction to VR

Printing this curriculum?

Hello, 

Does anyone know if we have access to print graphics from this curriculum to hang in our own classrooms? 

I love the Maslow's graphic! It is a great reminder of what we can provide each day to insure student learning success. 

Designing Assessments to Support All Learners | Origin: EC150

Assessment Strategies for CTE Educators --> Designing Assessments to Support All Learners

Good Assessments | Origin: EC150

Assessment Strategies for CTE Educators --> Good Assessments 

What Gets in the Way? | Origin: EC150

Assessment Strategies for CTE Educators --> What Gets in the Way? 

Understanding Assessments | Origin: EC150

Assessment Strategies for CTE Educators --> Understanding Assessments 

PLC's with teachers that teach various different subjects

If there is a group of teachers that teach different subject bunch are grouped into a PLC, how can they help each other?

21st Century Skills in the Classroom

As a new instructor in CTE: Business, I began to consider ways to teach and reenforce many of the 21st century employability skills in the classroom. Some of them, like showing up on time, respecting colleagues and management, and critical thinking are some that are already expected within the school. Show up to class on time and ready to learn, respect your peers and teachers, etc. One that I feel would be more difficult, especially in the secondary school environment is dressing appropriately. In the business setting there is professional dress, business casual, and just plain casual. Most students may… >>>

Complex subject matter

Complex subject matter

I thought it was bad to use ant social media

After getting that question wrong, I know that some social media is allowed 

Positive Education in Action | Origin: EC140

Introduction to Positive Psychology for Educators --> Positive Education in Action

Building Blocks: Character Strengths | Origin: EC140

Introduction to Positive Psychology for Educators --> Building Blocks: Character Strengths

PERMA: A Model for Well-Being | Origin: EC140

Introduction to Positive Psychology for Educators --> PERMA: A Model for Well-Being

Positive Education, Positive Impact | Origin: EC140

Introduction to Positive Psychology for Educators --> Positive Education, Positive Impact

Differentiation Of Instruction.

I believe differentiation of instruction is critical to maximize the comprehension/learning of students. One emphasis of this past lesson stresses the importance accomadating the different modalities of individual students; however, I find students need to identify weaknesses and work on improving them as well. 

Getting students to work together during classtime

allows for them to build better communication skills needed to work efficiently and productively.

builds confidence in meeting strangers.

gives them inspiring peer group pressure to perform better.

giving them opportunities to work alone for some students can be just as effective.

Career Management | Origin: EC116

Integrating Career Readiness Into Your Courses: Part II --> Career Management

Global/Multicultural Fluency | Origin: EC116

Integrating Career Readiness Into Your Courses: Part II --> Global/Multicultural Fluency