Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Ask a question from your peers to help you in your professional work. Seek different points of view on a topic that interests you. Start a thought-provoking conversation about a hot, current topic. Encourage your peers to join you in the discussion, and feel free to facilitate the discussion. As a community of educators, all members of the Career Ed Lounge are empowered to act as a discussion facilitator to help us all learn from each other.

The Future of AI | Origin: EC133

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Introduction to Artificial Intelligence --> The Future of AI

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

Advanced AI Concepts | Origin: EC133

Introduction to Artificial Intelligence --> Advanced AI Concepts

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

AI in Practice | Origin: EC133

Introduction to Artificial Intelligence --> AI in Practice

Foundations of AI | Origin: EC133

Introduction to Artificial Intelligence --> Foundations of AI

Instructional Alignment EC 102

Aligning program standards  and objective both internally/externally and vertically and horizontally enable maximization of the student experiential learning process.

The Future of 3D Printing & Industry 4.0 | Origin: EC132

Incorporating 3D Printing & Additive Manufacturing into CTE --> The Future of 3D Printing & Industry 4.0

Practical Applications & Real-world Case Studies | Origin: EC132

Incorporating 3D Printing & Additive Manufacturing into CTE --> Practical Applications & Real-world Case Studies

Advanced Techniques & Materials | Origin: EC132

Incorporating 3D Printing & Additive Manufacturing into CTE --> Advanced Techniques & Materials

Introduction to 3D Printing | Origin: EC132

Incorporating 3D Printing & Additive Manufacturing into CTE --> Introduction to 3D Printing

Hello

How is everyone doing today? I am gradually trudging through this. They want me to ask a question so here it is.

What are some suggestions you have that will help a new teach progress through inspire? 

Everyone's situation is different

I have learned that in addressing mental health and traumatic situations that every student is different in how they respond and how a student responds may be different tomorrow. It is important to understand what triggers that student in helping them develop preventative measures and coping strategies.

Repair thinking

In repairing anything mechanical there is this thought, Cause and effect. To affirm a proper repair, one needs to understand proper operation, determine what is not operating properly. which is effect.  Then decide what is causing the symptoms.  By determining these things an effective repair can be done.

Other Career Development Information | Origin: EC117

Enhancing Career Development for CTE Students --> Other Career Development Information

Retention and Transition Stages | Origin: EC117

Enhancing Career Development for CTE Students --> Retention and Transition Stages 

Preparation and Commitment Stages | Origin: EC117

Enhancing Career Development for CTE Students --> Preparation and Commitment Stages

Assessment and Investigation Stages | Origin: EC117

Enhancing Career Development for CTE Students --> Assessment and Investigation Stages

Critical Thinking

I've learned that evaluation is the highest level of thinking according to Bloom's Taxonomy. This explains why evaluation is such a difficult task for some of our students. 

Verbal and Written Communication EL115

One of my struggles is teaching precise communication in my classes.  I teach culinary arts and specificity is important when describing recipe preparation.  Using the wrong measurement, cooking method or equipment will ruin the recipe and waste food product which can not always be replaced in a timely manner.  Written and verbal communication are taught on an almost daily basis in the kitchen lab.

EC115 Integrating Career Readiness Into Your Courses: Part I

I teach a vocational class that requires to work in teams on a daily basis.  I like the idea of incorporating small group discussions into the context of full class discussions to help students learn to analyze their own thought process and evaluate information before arriving at a solution to a problem.

Developing Your First VR Lesson | Origin: EC131

Developing VR Lessons --> Developing Your First VR Lesson