Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Positive Education in Action | Origin: EC140

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Introduction to Positive Psychology for Educators --> Positive Education in Action

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

It is important to have a balanced mindset and address any negative feelings you have.

I loved taking the VIA survey and finding my strengths. I also plan to try the suggestions about positive interventions, especially imagining the positive future when all goes well.

It's caused me to be better balanced at what I'm good at and what im not.  I am better aware of what I can offer to kids.

I enjoyed learning about negative bias and mindset. It gave me perspective about where students might be emotionally, and how it might negatively affect their learning. My job is to cultivate and maintain a growth mindset to facilitate learning while also having a postitive impact on their mental and physical well-being.  

This material is conveniently packaged for easy consumption.  I needed this right now!  I wrote down all the interventions and plan to try one each week over the next six weeks.  I am personally in a transition time both personally and professionally.  I am going to do more research on the the Best Possible Self...and use this intervention first. I have really enjoyed learning about this material...my organization could use more people with a positive mindset!

I have my students say in class something they are grateful and have also done this with my kids before bedtime.

I intend to use these practices because I know it will be helpful and transformative for me and my students.

Its best to practice reflective writing, express gratitude or appreciation, and help when and where you can even if help is not yet asked for.

A positive mindset is so essential to success. This course has given me ideas to help provide a supportive, and positive learning environment for my students. I also see where I can practice these ideas in my personal life. Awesome material.

A well rounded and thoughtful approach to all aspects of life will benefit the individual.  Applying these concepts to education is the first step in lifelong satisfaction and overall success.

These tools are vital in today's learning space. Some many people are walking ar4ound unaware and unconnected to the life experience that surrounds them.

It's very important to be positive towards students end encourage positive thinking.

I am going to try these positive interventions with my family, I think they could be very beneficial for us.

Sometimes its about accepting the positive in the absence of having to dispel negativity. Namely, if you can just be positive and happy through mindfulness techniques you can often realize negativity is often a thinking choice you are just essentially out thinking.

A good positive mindset will place you in a correct position to be a positive educator or leaner. Attitude and confidence also play a key role in both.

Being positive is important for students, and I also think in the classroom it can be contagious. I can tell how if I am in a grumpy or negative mood how quickly it rubs off on those around me and the opposite is true for when I am overly positive and grateful. This can sometimes be a challenging task but it is important for ourselves and our students. 

Sign In to comment