Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Ask a question from your peers to help you in your professional work. Seek different points of view on a topic that interests you. Start a thought-provoking conversation about a hot, current topic. Encourage your peers to join you in the discussion, and feel free to facilitate the discussion. As a community of educators, all members of the Career Ed Lounge are empowered to act as a discussion facilitator to help us all learn from each other.

MaxKnolege and performance.

How much the webbing and mobility helped student learning and their performance? From Professors and Instructors point of view, student have a new tools which are going to help understand the subjects better and easy to grasp the material discussed in "class" or on line. But Student are not the same any more, when there were in class in past. They want use this technology any time, any where, all the time. My point of view is different, the Delivery of subjects on line or on web is easy today, what about student respond to that? It was not easy… >>>

Re: Internet Changes.

Internet changes the way people or Educated population communicate over this Technology, transporting information over distance. The Professors and students are so good on distance learning, which they mastered already on this field. Internet is best to say information sharing,information exchanging, collecting information.To day they used this technology to learn, study and use on their day by day live. On line or hybrid learning is giving student a chance to stay connected with there Professors beside in class face to face connection, or half connection as hybrid class is offering. I am a instructor who teach on campus face to… >>>

hands on on line

i find that real world experiences of the instructor help make the course content more immediate and realistic in an online situation.

Making it easy

I think that with the diversity of the student population distance learning should be as easy as possible and user friendly. Some students will be excellent at using the computer and navigating around and it wont be so easy for others. It should be as easy as possible for the students to use. I really like the discussion boards where students can interact with one another.

Online Learning

I have never used online learning before. I know that a school that I used to work at had it and the students where split in half on who did or didn't like it. We are now going to be implementing distance learning at my school that I work at now and it seems to be alot of work on the instructors. We will not only have to teach our in house classes but also the online courses. Does anyone have any good suggestions on how to incorporate both?

Re

Formative and summative evalaution are two levels usually used in the academic environment. Formative precedes summative and involves one-on-one trials, as well as small group trials. In both of these trials, the participants are representative of the target student population. Summative evaluation involves running the course the way it was intended with actual students, and obtaining feedback through course evaluations. This is what typical ISD models recommend.

Re

Students have a false perception that online courses are much easier than traditional in class courses; how can instructors communicate to students the need for them to spend substantial time participaing in each online course?

Re

Online discussions are revealing because it provide students the opportunity to provide their perspective on an overarching topic.

Re

For every online course there is a actual course taught at the school you are representing Ofetentimes, I look at what is being taught in the "brick and mortar" class and translate that content to the online class.

Online Course

I have over 12 years of experience in an online environment. I have utilize various formats E-College, Moodle and now Blackboard. They all take some getting use to.....E-college is by far the Best in my opinion due to the simplicity and graphical navigation. What do you think? Thank you, Professor Christopher Davis

Should Discussion Boards include an edit button?

Should students be allowed to edit their response on a discussion board once it has been submitted?

Add-Ons to a Course Syllabus

Students seldom review the entire course syllabus. I like to add highlighted text to important components of the syllabus and I also like to add different bullets and clip art as well. What are some extra add-ons that can be added to a course syllabus that will entice more students to read the syllabus?

Course Discussion Questions as Assignments

I really like the suggested practice of classifying discussion questions as assignments. Without that, I think it could be too casual and not directed towards the learning outcomes. It helps me get better results when I state the purpose of the assignment, the relevance to the learning objectives, etc. This helps me connect with the students. The assignments are clearer and make more sense.

On-site visits as part of multimedia in on-line course

I consider on-site visits--by students to locations where they see course contents demonstrated in real life--to be an important part of an on-line course, no matter what the course topic is. Does anyone have experience with this? Perhaps students could do an audio-visual project, along with journaling, to apply their knowledge of a course module, lesson or topic, and share it with the rest of the class? This intellectual interaction would test comprehension and provide focus.

learners

it is great to be prepared to our best standards to give the learners the best experiece when learning on-line.

synchroronous and asynchronous

both types of discussions are great learning experiences.

STUDENTS LEARNING ONLINE

THE CHATS ARE IMPORTANT SO THEY CAN LISTEN TO THE INSTRUCTOR AND OTHER STUDENTS OPINIONS

Designing and developing online courses

as myself as an instructor students can too get great results by taking on-line courses it helps to retain alot of information.

Presentations

Students are willing and encouraged to work on end of the semester presentations, and what they learn online is extremely valuable in that aspect.

Internet Learning

Students really get creative through dynamic internet learning, it's what they know, so they immerse themselves in it.