Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Ask a question from your peers to help you in your professional work. Seek different points of view on a topic that interests you. Start a thought-provoking conversation about a hot, current topic. Encourage your peers to join you in the discussion, and feel free to facilitate the discussion. As a community of educators, all members of the Career Ed Lounge are empowered to act as a discussion facilitator to help us all learn from each other.

Freedom

If given the opportunity to use the internet in class,it will usually end up,very quickly,at other sites. then where they should be

Authentic Assessment

Looking for the outcome from the learning is why we give tests

Learning

I would like to see an electronic white board.

Training

I teach diesel training where we have few self starters or self motivators. I’m all for tools that aid in the spread of knowledge

Hands On Tech

Students learning in an online setting are exposed regularly to the newest and most interactive technologies.

Online Learning and Globalization

Today's online students are better prepared for the modern workplace, which is mostly digital, and completely computerized. Our students are prepared for the modern corporate business plan of working with co-workers around the globe through virtual tools.

Cheating Hurts Everyone

When students engage in cheating and other dishonest behavior, and it is allowed to go unchecked, we all suffer. For starters the student does not learn the material. That student enters the workforce unprepared and cannot advance. Further the employer will perceive the student's learning institution poorly because of the student's deficiencies.

Bringing the Classroom to YOU

By learning these techniques and proper preparation, Online Instructors can bring their real world experience, and teaching skills, to millions of students who otherwise would have no access to higher education.

Podcasts and Webinars

I found success this semester with assigning a podcast or webinar to participate in, and then we have a discussion in class about the topic. Additionally, I have asked students to find current events related to our topic and introduce their story in class. I found that the transition from outside (class) to inside was well received and enthusiactically supported. I remind them that they are learning the skill of talking about our dynamic industry and using terms they will use when they engage colleagues or potential employers. The presentation helps to facilitate the aformentioned future experiences. I would be… >>>

Audio Visual

This is a topic pleasers. Students really get into discussion about something they saw on the internet.

Syllabus guides

This is a great tool. It keeps instructors and students on the same page. Also, I use it as a guide. I change it up to follow the book and quizzes...

Student Participation

Each student that participates makes them better and better. I fell they will become better employees.

Discussion Topic

This was a good tool for learning. I hope to become a better instructor.

Knowledge Assessment

In your classroom how do you assess knowledge and understanding verses information recall?

Virtual Connections

The courses you teach may have several virtual connections that encourage students to think beyond the immediate material. How will you address that in the classroom in a way that will keep the students excited about the course and its objectives?

Learning Styles

How will blended delivery help you to include all of the learning styles in the student learning process?

Communication

How do you think using dynamic and multidirectional forms of communication will improve your ability to keep your students engaged?

How difficult is it to implement an on line learning course?

We would like to implement on line classes in our institute. What is the best way to go?

Student Interest

I seem to see the potential of the on line courses more than the students do. They view the acts of completing the on-line portion as perfunctory rather than neccessary or beneficial. They value on ground training more. How does an instructor best frame the discussion to motivate students to "get in the on-line game?"

Authentic assessment:

The reasons we as educators crate a tests or assessment is to find out how much student learned during the course, which in my opinion it is not correct way to find out from test, but what other way we have to find out? It is not perfect way but at least 60% give us a results about our teaching system. If we are smart, which we are, than we are going to find out to fix the problem by having a technology, new method of teaching, and let student be interactive in class room and participate in all activity.The… >>>