No Formula for Retention

I like how one of the points made in this myth module was to be weary of percetages that easily end with a zero of 5, and the percentages added to the cone are all at the ten percetage ending - and... >>>

Stunning how we continue to propogate this myth of 'preferred' learning styles...is anyone seeing a change from your perspective?

I am amazed that we continue to get reinforcement on 'learning styles' as if it is more than just theory.  I'm curious if other readers are seeing the same or am I just 'way... >>>

Adult Learning Explained | Origin: ED208

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic: Adult Learning Theories --> Adult Learning Explained Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to... >>>

Teaching the Adult Learner | Origin: ED208

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic: Adult Learning Theories --> Teaching the Adult Learner Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend... >>>

Brain-Based Teaching | Origin: ED208

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic: Adult Learning Theories --> Brain-Based Teaching Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to... >>>

Theories of Adult Development | Origin: ED208

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic: Adult Learning Theories --> Theories of Adult Development Post what you've learned about this topic and how you... >>>

Characteristics of the Adult Learner | Origin: ED208

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic: Adult Learning Theories --> Characteristics of the Adult Learner Post what you've learned about this topic and how... >>>

Impact on Education | Origin: ED139

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic: Emotional Intelligence in Learning --> Impact on Education Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to... >>>

Integrated Intelligences | Origin: ED139

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic: Emotional Intelligence in Learning --> Integrated Intelligences Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend... >>>

Emotional Intelligence: A Wider Context | Origin: ED139

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic: Emotional Intelligence in Learning --> Emotional Intellegence: A Wider Context Post what you've learned about this topic and... >>>

Emotional Intelligence: A Context | Origin: ED139

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic: Emotional Intelligence in Learning --> Emotional Intellegence: A Context Post what you've learned about this topic and how you... >>>

Problem Solving Steps | Origin: ED116

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic: Critical Thinking Processes and Applications --> Problem Solving Steps Post what you've learned about this topic and how you... >>>

Creative Problem Solving Through Analytical Thinking | Origin: ED116

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic: Critical Thinking Processes and Applications --> Creative Problem Solving Through Analytical Thinking Post what you've learned... >>>

Characteristics of a Critical Thinker | Origin: ED116

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic: Critical Thinking Processes and Applications --> Characteristics of a Critical Thinker Post what you've learned about this... >>>

The Value of Critical Thinking | Origin: ED116

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic: Critical Thinking Processes and Applications --> The Value of Critical Thinking Post what you've learned about this topic and... >>>

Helping Students Retain Course Content | Origin: ED108

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic: Learning Theory and Practice --> Helping Students Retain Course Content Post what you've learned about this topic and how you... >>>

Using Student Needs as Learning Tools | Origin: ED108

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic: Learning Theory and Practice --> Using Student Needs as Learning Tools Post what you've learned about this topic and how you... >>>

Understanding Multiple Intelligences | Origin: ED108

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic: Learning Theory and Practice --> Understanding Multiple Intelligences Post what you've learned about this topic and how you... >>>

The Learning Process | Origin: ED108

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic: Learning Theory and Practice --> The Learning Process Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply... >>>

This was an excellent lesson and I learned a lot! Now I want to know more!

What this lead me to was to consider other aspects of aging on the brain.  Yes, I know that 'exercising' the brain and learning new skills (new language / musical instrument) are very good ways... >>>