Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Ask a question from your peers to help you in your professional work. Seek different points of view on a topic that interests you. Start a thought-provoking conversation about a hot, current topic. Encourage your peers to join you in the discussion, and feel free to facilitate the discussion. As a community of educators, all members of the Career Ed Lounge are empowered to act as a discussion facilitator to help us all learn from each other.

Adapting Instructional Strategies

I think it is vital to integrate learning styles and how the brain functions into the course. I have done this for many years. Application (Knowles) is extremely important to the adult learning - tactile learning is best for application.

educating all knowledge

How do you bring all forms of knowledge together in one class room with out lossing the smart or the dum when teaching to the middle student

question

I was under the impression that the visual learner likes to see the written word; however, your information seems to dispute that. Am I interpreting it incorrectly?

Making Instruction Relevant

How might adult learner needs and expectations be a basis or foundation to relevant instruction? What are some specific ways (strategies or methodologies) that you can make your instructional content and delivery relevant to student expectations?

Making Instruction Relevant

How might adult learner needs and expectations be a basis or foundation to relevant instruction? What are some specific ways (strategies or methodologies) that you can make your instructional content and delivery relevant to student expectations?

Teaching to Multiple Intelligences

How will your understanding of multiple intelligences affect your teaching methodology? In what ways could you use your knowledge of how individuals process information when planning for your instructional delivery?

Teaching to Multiple Intelligences

How will your understanding of multiple intelligences affect your teaching methodology? In what ways could you use your knowledge of how individuals process information when planning for your instructional delivery?

Adapting Your Instructional Strategy

How will understanding the basics of learning benefit you as an instructor? Would you give an example of how you might adapt your instructional strategy or teaching methods as a result of understanding how the brain functions and how learning occurs?

How will understanding the basics of learning benefit you as an instructor? Would you give an example of how you might adapt your instructional strategy or teaching methods as a result of understanding how the brain functions and how learning occurs?