Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

It is important to stay up-to-date on all policies and procedures. We also should be making sure the student(s) are informed regarding transferrable credits, if applicable. 

I have learned about where to find important resources that relate to my role, and best practices for keeping up to date on changes with those resources. Maintain updated, important, and relevant information in a resource notebook to be successful in my role.

I believe that in this module team work is going to make the dream work. Making sure everyone is aware of their roles, understanding that even if you're not accredited that there still is a big responsibility to make sure everyone is on the same page at all times and to reach out if there is confusion.

Keeping up-to-date resources is very important in staying compliant and gaining as well as maintaining our student body and staff.

Understanding the roles of each department and its organizational chart

From this module I learned that it is extremely important to hold meetings and check the CIE site to stay up to date. It is also important to keep staff updated on changes in policies as well. 

In this module, I learned about the different policies around credit transfers and the importance of having that information available to our students/ Prospective students. I also learned the importance of knowing the differences in each role at my institution, and what those jobs are tasked with knowing. It was also reiterated how important it is to keep an up-to-date resource at your disposal in order to be successful and informed in my role as admissions. 

Keep your resources up to date

I learned the importance of staying compliant and the importance of the resource notebook

I have learned that it is very important to stay up to date on information that will impact the admissions process. I can do this by creating a resource notebook to keep handy. 

Hello everyone, this module offers descriptions on services that institutions may have in order to help our students feel more accommodated to their studies and work relations.

I've learned that it is important to maintain accurate and up-to-date documents in our reference notebook. I have already begun compiling a digital notebook in my work laptop.

I always explain to the applicant that he/she must be advised about how credits from our school may or may not be accepted by other institutions.

I learned the list of documents to include in the Resource Notebook. I can go back and reference the information as needed.

I learned about the importance of staying organized and to add rules and regulations to my resource notebook. 

Staying up to date on not only our department but every other department helps us provide a better service to our students.

Comment on Tim Haubrock's post: You right! Is very important to print it and have it everytime

Checklist always is necessary to ensure there is not step-information missing when doing our processes, also it is important to take the information from the correct web sites and not for any link we can find on google.

I have learned about policies, credit transfers and I'm aware now that we need to be checking CIE web every month to see the new updates.

It is important to be well versed in the schools departments and how the organizational flow can effect and support the student from enrollment until graduation. an advisor should know which department is best suited to help a student in whichever area they need. Even if you cannot or do not know the answer, know who in the organization is designated for that (whether FA, AA, Student Services, etc.).

Sign In to comment