Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I learned about policies on transfer credit as well as importance of accreditation and licensing. 

I learned that is important to ensure that I am aware of any changes in policies and procedures as well as anything pertaining to admissions and the institution including rules regarding transferability of credits. 

I have learned the importance of mantaining a close contact with the other sections of the institution.

Keeping your resource notebook up-to-date, an important task. 

The key things are informational meeting 

I have learned that staying up to date on rules/campus policies is necessary to be successful as an Admissions Representative. I have a responsibility to take annual training, and attend all meetings/read all emails to ensure I am as up-to-date as possible.

I learned that we must stay updated with the information not only about the institution but also the rules and laws established by the education commission.
I will apply the checklist to be able to have an order in the changes and updates that are generated.

It's important for admissions representatives to collaborate with other departments including department heads to ensure they are providing students accurate information. 

Can be time consuming to gather all documents but very important. Use a checklist for better organization

I learned that attending meetings and trainings is crucial to staying up to date regarding the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures regarding the university/college/institution. 

maintaining a resource book with up to date information is critical for an admissions representative, since regulations change

On this chapter, I learned about the importance of have checklist with all the resources list and the learned about the Florida Commission regulation and the we need to be updated.

I particularly appreciate the Reference Notebook checklist.  It's a daunting task to stay current with all the applicable information and that is a big help!

Keep documents and have a checklist of documents needed to stay up-to-date in Admissions.  

I have learn to update information to staying up to date with all this information 

I learned that staying abreast of all things will be extremely beneficial and that keeping a documented notebook will ensure that you have the resources to go back and read. 

Having the Resource Notebook up to date is very important to keep my job running smoothly.

I learned the differences between Licensing and Accreditation, and valuable information about credit transfer

I'm taking the initiative in this job. I've learned that the admissions policy is critical, and I want to stay up to speed on the laws and regulations so that I can keep my team informed.I've learnt how important it is to use the proper terminology throughout the admissions process. My role as an admissions representative at the university and how I am seen in this capacity. Florida's legislation, purpose, and commission for independent education. How far can I go as an agent. How much information to gain and apply.
I understand the necessity of keeping a resource notebook updated with dividers so that I can simply refer to it should I have a query about any policy, rules, or regulations.

Comment on Autumn Lopez's post: It is not only important to, it is mandatory

Sign In to comment