Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I learned it is important to keep a resource notebook to look up information when needed. I also learned that every school is different when it comes to enrollment requirements such as transferring credits and marketing.

Debbie McClendon

I have learned it i very important to update files.

Admissions employee should be knowledgeable of the institutions accrediting, licensing bodies and their regulatory and financial impact on the institution. Understanding the institution's credit transfer process, its externship affiliate facilities, the employment placement companies and their operations helps the admissions employee to intelligently inform the student of credit transfers to and from another school, employment requirements and opportunities available to them. 

A resource notebook is crucial because it serves as a central hub for information where you can store and organize all the valuable information and resources you come across. It helps you easily retrieve important information, while saving you time and effort. This must be updated on a continual basis to ensure the most current information.

It is important to stay current regarding each departments updates. 

I learned having a understanding of where to locate important documentation, staying current on the updated information and following the process step by step would help prepare you when speaking with prospective students. Often times we start rambling when questions are asked and we're unable to produce an answer.

The importance of training and staying up to date.

This section detailed the importance of remaining current, compliant, and organized.  There are resources to assist in organizing the notebook.

I learned that even though I work in the admissions department of my college, its very much recommended to also have knowledge of what the other departments in my college do to provide that information to my students and feel more confident. 

The Admissions Resource List is a mandatory document for all Admissions staff. The comprehensive development and training of admissions staff on this document will be one of the most valuable assets for any institution of higher education. 

It's important to know your school's policies on transfer credits.

I learn the importance of setting up and maintaining a Resource Notebook that contains critical and current information. Some you can get on the Internet, some info is available in printed documents, and others we must ask for. 

Begin to set up my institutional notebook, look at policy and procedures and speak with our instructors and directors 

I have learned that being up to date and current with any changes will help me do my job in admissions. 

I learned about complying with the accreditation standards and the specific requirements that apply to prospective students.

In this section, we stressed the importance of keeping up to date information. When giving information to a potential student, we must give the most recent up to date information. The best way to ensure we have this is to attend regular trainings, look for updates at least monthly, and be aware of our industry.

I learned to stay up to date on information; use the Florida CIE website as reference.

It is imperative to remain up to date with all regulations for the admissions process. Giving accurate information is the key!

Comment on Greig Drury's post

Right as the rules continue to change or are updated.

Regards

Javaid Ajmal

I discovered that Regulatory bodies play a crucial role in shaping the decisions, policies, and procedures within the institution. It is essential to be aware of these regulations and understand their influence on our actions.

Sign In to comment