Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I've learnt that there must be clear written procedures about credit transfers into the organization. Applicants must be informed about how credits from their school may or may not be recognized by other universities.

One of the most important things I gathered was to be familiar with the transferability of the credits/hours policy we have in our school. Sometimes there is a minimum or maximum number of hours we can transfer in. It is best to stay familiar with your school catalog and ask your Director if you have any questions.

It is important to seek out and keep up with institutional and state policies as they change frequently. There is a lot of valuable insight fellow co-workers and superiors can give you as well. 

This module was very helpful! It gave us the links and resources on what to include in our reference notes for admission representatives.

Having updated information is essential for the admission process

Various wesites such as the Florida CIE that give updated information.  The importance of organizational charts to be familar with what each department does. 

Maintaining up to date information and importance of each department

I learned about each department and what they do also to stay up to date with changes and keeping your resource book up to date

Some schools have articulation agreements which guarantee the transfer of credits from one institution to an other.

It is important to stay up to date and current in my knowledge base not only with CIE regulations and policies but, also in the real-world industries to which my institution offers its programs of focus. 

I have learned about the policies and various websites  to put on my resource notebook. I will use this to be better informed.

learning policies and accreditation is paramount in the constant success of enrolling students  

Crucial to understand FL statutes and provide information on transfer credit. Making checklists. Knowing information on the Florida dept of Ed website.

I learned that a big part of compliance is making sure that I am up to date on all changes, and that is truly my responsibility to make sure that I am checking the site monthly. because I am responsible for making sure that I am remaining compliant and failure to do so will negatively impact myself, the institution, and our students. 

Comment on Joshua Acosta's post: that was my biggest take away as well, it's our responsibility to make sure we know the rules and regulations, relying on the information to come from management could be dangerous. 

From this module I learned the importance of having the correct information. Florida rules, policies, licensing, accreditation, programs, etc. Keeping current information, it is crucial to maintaining compliance while we provide prospects students transparent and accurate information.

I aim to maintain accurate and up to date information to assist me in the performance of my duties.  

Good to know about the state resources

Cassandra Millines 

First I've learned to head over to the CIE website to retrieve updated information. I also learned about policies and credit transfers and the do's and don'ts 

Always have the most up to dayte information

Attending meetings is good and keeping abreast of new information is good. Keeping a resource notebook of locations to find information also good.

Sign In to comment