Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Understanding the Generations | Origin: AD107

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Connecting with Today's Students --> Understanding the Generations

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

Puts a handle on what people from various generations might value.

Gives insight to how each generation might approach the same situation.

You have to be very versitile, when communicating with people from multiple generations.

I've learned what each generation (including my own) values. This helps when planning a conversation or interaction so that the person is more receptive. 

Helps you to understand how to best communicate with multiple generations. 

knowing how different generations think will establish a better relationship and trust

I learned that every generation is diffrent and think diffrent, It will help me to better understand their needs and improve the connection with students.

I learned there are 4 different types of generations. Each with its own set of value and customs

This module could not be more dated.  Michael Critelli hasn't been CEO of Pitney Bowes since 2007, so it tells you how long ago this content was updated.  The "four" generations doesn't include any useful information about Gen Z, which makes up a huge portion of new students at this point since they are of college age.  I can't believe this goes over people born before 1945, but doesn't review those born after 2000.  Useless.

It is important to understand the generational differences of our students to improve communication and enable effective teamwork

It is important to understand the value and perspective of all the generations. It is important to understand how they learn and how they respond. Learning news ways to effectively communicate with each can be challenging, but adapting to what works best for them is what is key. 

I learned a lot about each generation especially mine and my husbands.

Understanding the differences between the generations will allow you to establish trust and stronger professional relationships with students and colleagues.  

Students learn according to their genertional norms.  IE... technology, supportive parents, values

Learned that each generation is influcened by events that changes their preferences on values, technology, etc.

This allows the admission team to have a felxible approach to meet all dynamics of people 

Our School has studens from many age groups, good informtion to help trnsition them to college.

Very important to know the best form of communication with each person according to their generation.

It is important to understand the generation that you identify with the most.

Sign In to comment