Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

During Covid, I am surprised how effective online training can be.  

Different generations responds to different communications differently. Beliefs and values also differ and admissions rep must be able to adapt to different generations. 

It was informative to learn more about the generations and how they value specific communiction. It is helpful to identify the generation that you are speaking in an effort to communicate with them affectively. 

Great information on the different ages.  Important information for my position.

learned about different age groups and how to read them 

Help me to understand the characteristics of the generations and how to adress they.

I think it was interesting that after viewing the brief definitions of each generation, I best fit into 2. I have a couple sigblings and we cross3 generations so learning more about each has been in front of me for a while.

I like the breakdown of each generation

Being aware of generational  differences and appreciated them, helps build trust.

Gives a clear picture of how I am and will intereact with other generations. Also helped to learn how the different generations think, what matters to them. Agreed that Gen Z are on track to be the most educated of all the generations and how teh use of technology will be such an integreal part of their lives

It makes you understand things in a better prepsective of things in general.

I really enjoyed reading about generational diversity-because it does exist and impacts how we communicate with each other. 

Ive learned that you have to be versitile and lern how to adjust to any community. You also have to listen and pay attention in order to know how to communicate to each generation.

Generating a better approach for todays learning generation.

I learned that every generation is diffrent and think diffrently. This will help me to better understand their needs and improve the connection with students.

Always listening to your student that is in front of you and not make assumptions about them.

Important information in understanding how our generational differences impact our everday communication and choices. 

It is important to talk with the student about his/her story, expectations, desires, and motivation to determine where they are coming from, what their mindset is, and why they are needing to get back into school. Depending on where they are at in their life/career will be a factor into the motivation to get into school. Older students may be doing it as a responsiblity to care for their family or provide a better lifestyle, younger generations may be doing it because that is what you are supposed to do after high school, or their parents are encouraging them to get into college. Generational gaps typically are going ot lead to the direct reflection of motivation.

Learning where their coming from help to focus what they value and ways to improve interactions.

It is nice to know so many people from each generation have the chance to grow and learn alongside each other. 

Sign In to comment