Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I think it's an interesting concept for sure. It gave me good insight to what each generation may be like. But one must remember that it is the "study of one."   Each individual is different and may value completely different things. For example, I am technically a Millenial, but my values match up more with Gen X.   So this is something I will definitely keep in mind when communicating, but I feel like the the questions you ask someone in conversation are much more important.  

You can't take for granted how people will react. You need to listen to them, not just talk at them. Take nothing for granted, all people are different.

Did not realize how fluid the generational characteristics could be, the quiz was also interesting in confirming my habits and characteristics are spot on for my generation.

Understanding where a prospective student is coming from enables us to interact meaningfully with them.  Remembering the generational piece of this will be helpful.  

Is important to understand the behavior of the different generations, and how to communicate with them effectively.

Questions are important to discern the prospective student's values and goals, which may be quite different than yours.

It allows us to truly recognize our differences when it comes to our generations and understand how each group, as a consensus, may handle life experiences.  I always take the 'Meet people where they are' approach and it has helped me maintain quality relationships with my students. 

It is very interesting how each generation goes in with different approaches which kind of shows that there are numerous ways of approaching one situation. So figuring out which approach to take with each generation is a task I want to work on.

This module provided insight on the range of people you will encounter at work and how to use that information to communicate with each person with a different lens. I intend to use this information as I work with both students and coworkers from different generations that share different values.  

Understanding the worth and viewpoint of every generation is crucial. It's critical to comprehend how people process information and react. It might be difficult to learn new methods to interact with each other, but the key is to adapt to what works best for them. 

I'd been exposed to this train of thought way back in the 1980's during professional military training. It's applicable now as it was then. My kids are millennials so it's refreshing. It's motivating me to delve into this more deeply. 

I believe that understanding different generations for us to engage appropriately on their concerns.

Comment on Robert Allison's post: It is important to understand each generation and value their way of thinking in order to help with there needs.

Gives understanding of generations beyonf just memes and jokes and seeing the values and struugles each generation has. 

Being aware of different communication style of each generation is important.

In order to enhance connections with your students or people, you must understand where each generation is coming from. It is important to understand generational differences when working with different type of students.

You cannot rely only on what you believe but have to think outside and understand what other generations need. 

every generation is different . Each person we meet with can have some traits of other generations within them

I learned how I can communicate with older generations and what influences them to be the way they are. 

This is such a great way to know how to approach and communicate with different generations. 

Sign In to comment