Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Handling Obstacles and No-Shows | Origin: AD106

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Powerful Telephone Techniques --> Handling Obstacles and No-Shows

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

I found the section that uncovered the underlying objections to be quite helpful. The principle that "objections indicate caring" creates open windows of opportunity rather than feeling as if it shuts down the conversation.

Handling rejections and objections are pretty overwhelming for me, this helped put it in perspective

Feel, felt, and found so important. 

Overcoming objections is probably the most important thing an admissions professional can learn and perfect to help increase conversion rates as well as addressing all the student concerns.  In the conversation activities at our institution the appointment set rates and show rates are the two we constantly discuss and focus our training efforts.

Isolating and overcoming objections is a skill that you must aquire by listening and being aware of the students needs. Being prepared and practice always helps you become more skilled. Create a "power hour" dedicated to reaching out to students daily.

I like the "feel, felt, found" approach. I had not heard that in a long time

My biggest take away in all this is that we need to have a greater self awareness ourselves so we can "read" our students properly. Acting accordingly will come in practice. 

I like F3 to conect: Feel, Felt, Found. Persistence.

Objections are good. It means the person has interest an may simply need some more clarity and motivation. Be persistent.

Very effective topic in getting to the point of understanding and managing the buying cycle, understanding and overcoming the sales objectives. It will be very useful in my practice, particularly in how to handle the no-shows

Objections should never be feared. outweight, clarify and weaken objections. Be persistent and always resell. 

Handling no-shows is kind of a hard blow for me. This makes me feel that I am not doing my job as well as I can. 

I appreciate what was discussed about being presistent and using the phrase, "I missed you at 2pm " I also learned to not ask " do you still want something... This was insightful.

This was a great module on Emotional Intelligence and how to use effictively to overcome objections.

Very informative

feel, felt, found...back to basics!

Call a no show about 15 min after the appointment time. Great advice ive always wondered how to handle no shows.

The feel, felt and found technique is very useful!

I now know to always make sure I use the three key words, feel, felt and found when showing empathy towards the students concerns. 

Sign In to comment