Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I really like the feel, felt, found statements and I can see how this can very easily help alleviate concerns for parents and students. Also, I completely agree that social intelligence outweighs IQ- we have often been in situations where the most socially in tuned person doesn’t' necessary have the highest degree, more prestigious job or necessarily book smart. 

I learned techniques how to overcome objections and how to be successful in enrolling a student. Also how to reschedule a "no show" student.

Feel, Felt, Found develops the ultimate rapport.

I learned that persistency is a big part of overcoming objections. Describe the feeling, normalize and neutralize is the biggest take away I got from this video. Empathy has a lot to do with closing the apppointment.

This will definitely happen at some point. Ask yourself why, restate selling points, and make it convenient for them to reset appointment.

The three F's help you overcome objections and relate to the student 

Don't assume with prospective students. Call 10-15min after the appointment time to see if you can assist. Resell the appointment and book a new time for them to come in.

The 3 F’s method is a way to respond to people’s objections using three statements: 
·      in the first, you empathize with the person’s feeling; 
·      in the second, you normalize it by stating how others have felt the same way; 
·      and in the third you neutralize it by pointing out the positive results of others in their situation. Be sure to tie your institution’s benefits to your “feel, felt, found” statements.

I found the advice of how to handle no shows very relavent and helped me come up with some things I can do to help. 

It is very normal for Admissions to encounter various situations that challenges their ability to close a deal - or make a student enroll in their institution. One must learn how to be adaptive to understand what best practices should be applied to overcome these obstacles.

handling no show is difficult. Even though its a 50/50 chance i don't like to call 15 min after. I like to send a text reminder than call 10 min before so see if they are on their way

The Feel, felt and found was very useful

Knowing that all conversations may at end in a enrollment

Overcoming obstacles and dealing with no-shows are both so important. Using the techniques provided will be helpful.

As a result of this lesson, I aim to be more positive about no shows.  I will consider mitigating circumstances that may have affected their attendance. 

It is important to make students feel heard, but also showing them that there are many ways to overcome obstacles that can prevent someone from starting school. 

It is important to always show concern and empathy for a person well-being before attempting to rescheduled a no-show appointment.

'Overcoming Obstacles' introduced a strategic approach that I really-really like "...outweigh, clarify and weaken" which can be respectfully used in almost every situation; in a manner that shows personal interest and compassion. Great approach! Also, I noticed this statement which speaks for itself "...be persistent – you can never lose a student until you decide to quit." Ownership.

I think this helps us to better understand the why behind the obstacles, reschedules, and the no-shows and how to effectively address, identify, and learn from them.

Rejection can be a bit overwhelming. This training gave a better insight on how to handle it. 

Sign In to comment