Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Mastering Outbound Calls | Origin: AD106

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Powerful Telephone Techniques --> Mastering Outbound Calls

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

You learn the importance of a good attitude when calling, always with a smile and willing to establish a true communication with the potential student.

I intend to review the 10 commandments of outbound calls regularly, and to make sure I have a call script to make sure I hit all talking points. Also, I found the suggestion to make calls brief in order to share more in person to be solid advice.

A few key learning things in this module can not be underestimated. The 10 commandments. I especially like:See the End before You Begin!. Rembering to keep asking questions to find those hidden obstacles and use of the mirror, to know you are continuing to smile. 

Loved the 10 commandments Ill be sure to use them in the upcoming open enrollments

Very informative

I need to remind myself at theend of the day to just make "ONE MORE CALL"

Practice brings positive results.

Learned the importance of engaging the prospective student during the call, gather information and move them to action.  

The 10 commandments is a good start and the other thing is the saying “practice makes perfect”.  The DOA, and/or other leadership must ensure a quality training program is in place, have the ability to record and monitor calls for training, and hold regular training and retraining sessions.  Even the best admissions counselor will stray from the script over time if the key points are not reinforced on a regular basis.

I learn the important of my voice tone is, the way the person is answering back, asking questions to see what the student's goal is.

The 10 commandments is a great place to start, but also staying on task while making your presentation unique can be tricky. Remembering your end goal is key and listening as opposed to talking is just as important, especially when building rapport.

I like the idea of always having my outline at hand

Interesting "The ten Commandments and how practice & practice,  and having an order, means the difference in the attention of potencial students. 

Be prepared. Practice. Smile when on the phone. Ask questions and allow the student to speak. Also, be dedicated to making all alls plus one.

I've learnt the principles are basic yet so important in creating committments and success in any field of sales. 

Follow the 10 commandments of prospecting. Prepare your call to keep you on  track. Use the call components-introduction, probing, presentation and close the call. Practice makes perfect. 

Reply to Aaron Devine's post: Exactly, practice makes perfect!

Practice brings positive results.

Very informative, 

Sign In to comment