Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Advanced Listening Skills | Origin: AD105

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Communication Essentials --> Advanced Listening Skills

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too. 

Active listening plays a crucial role in building trust. Using the correct combination of non-verbal cues and open ended questions strengthens your bond with the person you are communicating with. Don't just wait for your turn to speak. Listen actively and with purpose.

I agree with your response Peter, active listening skills does build trust and helps the person feel as if they are not just being talk to but you heard what they needed to say. 

I need to raise my level of communication, particularly listening.

Being able to listen to what the student really needs.

I learned the imporance of actually listening and helped figure out how a have been limiting by listening.

This module was eye opening when evaluating how I listen. I really feel like thinking about the different levels of listening will help improve connections with prospective students.

The importance of listening to what is being said, versus what isn't. 

How increase the capacity for listening 

Is very important  to make connection with the people, the body language  and the mental attitude are necessary for the good comunications 

It is verty important to stay aware of which of the three levels of listening you are using when communicating with students.

Staying focused during a conversation combined with being aware of the energy and shift of emotions is very important and the best way to actively listen. Recognizing what stage of listening you are at can help you regain focus. 

To say something about myself that is relatable. To ask probing questions and not assume I know the question.

To focus on what is being said verbally and nonverbally and to ask the right questions is critical. Creating a bond or trust is developed with sincere listening and feedback. 

Effective communication begins with an active listening process that we must always review to focus on our student.

active Listening is crucial if we want to undertsnad what the other person is saying. It ultimately builds trust which is foundational to any relationship.  

Active listening is crucial in communication, it builds trust and better connection with students. Must be able to repeat, re-phrase, and reflect. 

Active listening plays a crucial role in the success of both the student and yourself. 

Active listening and knowing when to ask open and close ended questions is important...leading the conversation but in an effort to truly understand the needs of the student is very important. 

Utilizing listening tools to remid us not to fall in the pitfalls of selfish listening. This trainig should be a quarterly training to reminds us of the the diferrrence between traditional and acitve listening. 

Sign In to comment