Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I need to allow others to finish speaking before I start.

I learned that I need to move beyond listening for facts or other things I feel are relevant to listening to the person. 

Active listening show you understand the need of the customer or student

How listening helps to connect. Some ways I limit my own listening. The 3 levels of listening and a deeper understanding of active listening. 

It is so easy to start forming responses before the other person finishes what they are saying.  It's an anxious sort of tic, but it is actually less stressful to hear the other person out so your answer makes sense.

Listen to the feeling behind the message, then the content that was said. Repeat, rephrase, reflect.

Being carefully on how you listen also helps your on how you positively understand a person. You can engage into a conversation by relating to them, then assist them appropriately.

The 3 R's is the most effective way to have anyone feel more confidante to feel understood

Repeat, rephrase and reflect 

Active listening is the key to move foward with people we reach out to.

Listening actively will make a big difference when assessing someone's needs and what's important to them. 

Listening proactively must be a fundamental skill of every human being

To be successful in everything you do, you must learn it , develop it and practice it

because it is the most important part in the communication process.

probing helps get more information out of students to further understand their needs and therefore help them in a better way. 

Knowing how to listen is vital when having a conversation. Listening tools are internal tools would can always practice on a daily basis and will benifet you in your professional and personal life. 

Listening attentively is very important in order to connect to your student and use the correct words when asking questions, glad to know that we need to avoid the word "why" when asking .

Active listening can be developed.  We can flow between the stages of listening.  It is important to be able to identify where you are in the active listening stages and when it is appropriate to engage the most suitable level of listening when interacting with students, and associates. 

increase the capacity for listening

Active listening is the total process of a combination of actions like asking open-ended questions, reflecting on information received and providing meaningful feedback in a timely manner

Active listening is important when building a relationship with a prospective student. They should feel heard and welcomed when going through the admission process.

I need to monitor my body language, I need to seek to understand the needs of the person communicating, I need to rephrase to ensure my understanding and the other person will feel better that I understand

Sign In to comment