Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

The listening principles are effective when used daily to assist the prospective and current students in acheiving their goals. This in turn, will help me to have a better understanding of their goals. 

I have learned that I need to be more patient and let the other person fully finish their statement so I completely understand.  Follow up with a few open ended questions to show I did hear them and fully understand. 

Be a better listener, dont intrupt, repeat to them what i listen, open related communication, and dont juge, most important no mattr how long we are in this bussiness there is always something to learn 

The module covered the importance of staying focused as you listen to people. 

It is important to connect with others  by sharing some information about your own experience, asking what they are looking for and listening to their needs to assist them

This module made me self reflect on my own communication skills. 

Active listening is hard to do but it can build trust between you and your student. It’s important to mirror active listening to those in our environment because it is a foundational skill that tests our ability to be empathetic, to ask how and what (non-defensive) questions and also it keeps us respectful and reflective.

I have learned how to show you're listening not only with body language but also engaging and reflecting.

Repeat, Release and Reflect establishes trust between you and your communication partner. Active listening is a choice. 

Active listening is something that is very important when communicating with a perspective student. Listening to what the student needs are will allow for the Enrollment specliast to get everything that they need,

Listening built trust and your attitude comes across in your actions. Its your job to listen. 

I have learned that i must take more time listening to my potential students and staff.

I've learned how to uncover the way I listen to other and the difference between traditional and active listening.

I learned to utilize the respect, rephrase, and reflect method.

Listening is VERY important in effective communication.

Advanced listening took me many years to substantially tweak and I have yet to master it. I have many of the core concepts acquired but the treat is the train my team to be just as valuable to their students. We have an obligation to be much better communicators than our students to better navigate them thru all the potential pitfalls of going to school. To do this we must listen effectively and apply those advanced techniques to be of greater service.

-Leon

Active listening, repeat, rephrase and reflect - can help build both a deeper understanding as well as develop trust. 

I learned how my bias will be reflected in my response.  Also how active listening builds trust.

Advanced listening skills vary so much but each help us to be effective listeners. A few thing I took away from this module is to be relatable, respond first to feelings then content and that messages can be spoken or unspoken. All of these will help student connect more. The great part about all of this is that these skills can be learned and developed!

Use level 2 and 3 listening to show my full attention is being giving and avoid common bad listening behaviors I identified that I have. 

Sign In to comment