Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Doing assessments before, during and after help evaluate the course structure.  Adding scenarios can definitely  individualize the assessments and assist with understanding the student's learning style

I had never really considered the utility of "before" assessments such as surveys or ungraded quizzes.

Great idea on calibration of faculty!

By taking the time to periodically and methodically review online assessment questions, instructors can design scenarios and case studies that help the students relate the content to real-world situations, therefore making the learning experience meaningful to them.

All the topics given in this lesson are very interesting . The most that stood out to me the most were the challenges and how to over come them. 1st is technology as many students have issues with up to date computers or laptops and issues with wifi. Also, cheating and plagarism. I like the methods that were suggested by using proctor tools like locking browsers  to prevent right clicks and search on google and having them timed and shuffling exams. 

I was able to reflect on the fact that my sample lesson plan includes diagnostic assessments, formative assessments, and summative assessments.  This was reassuring.  I feel that this video provided the different options for each type of assessment for future reference when updating lesson plans.

Sign In to comment