Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I have already been doing this because our material is old, dated, sometimes in error and has grammar mistakes.  

Using the "stool" model will be very effective of assessing students. I also use the assessments to spot areas where I may be deficient in my teaching. If a majority of students are not understanding a certain section of the lesson I need to look at how I am delivering the lesson and make changes as necessary.

The Three Legged Stool can be applied in all aspects of life.

There are varied ways to allow students to demonstrate what they have learned and these need to be evalusted in the most appropriate manner for the type of assessment.

I would like to see more real lfe scenario based questions incorporated into our LMS testing assessments. I feel students will gain more knowledge and a better understanding than you multiple choice questions. 

I think it's important that instructors not limit students' use of technology when it comes to the presentation of project based assignments. In addition, I like and I will use the 3-Legged Stool approach. 

It is important to let students choose wich technology they wish to use so they will feel more comfertable when reserching info

Saludos a todos.

Es vital la transparencia en el proceso de evaluación, ya que se documenta conocimientos previos, lo que se adquiere durante el proceso y posterior al proceso.  Esa transparencia debe permitir estar seguros de que los estudiantes realmente adquieran y/o tengan los conocimientos necesarios para enfrentar el mundo laboral.

Sobre cómo aplicar un sistema que provea rigurosidad se debe trabajar y permitir que el profesor: primero tenga las herramientas necesarias y que pueda desarrollar pruebas robustas.  

Uno como maestro necesita recordar algunos conceptos que van a ser muy beneficiosos a las hora de ejecutar la lección y ofrecer una clase que muestre significancia. La comparación de el taburete de tres patas es muy importante de mostrar el proceso de evaluación como uno con tres bases. Esa evaluación previa o preprueba nos hace constar los elementos previos del aprendizaje. Esa evaluación que se da mientras ofrecemos el curso mantiene al estudiante a la expectativa y lo invita a autoevaluarse,  y  por último y no menos importante, la postprueba que muestra si el estudiante pudo entender lo aprendido y lo puede aplicar a otros procesos de vida. También me impactó las alternativas para validar plagio y evitar las trampas en la realización de los exámenes.

In this module, I learned the importance of create effective assessments so the students can evaluate their progress an I can observed it and meassure it too, in a fair way. With the activities, I evaluate myself; I thought about students performance, but also, I thought about mine. Now, I am more aware of the opportunities, challenges and how to resolve those challenges. Also, I received valuable tips to improve the assessment process. 

I had never considered the importance of assessing a students performance before an actual assessment. Without this, there is no way to truly gauge growth.

The three legged stool was a very interesting way of looking at gauging my students' overall understanding of the material. I definitely will be implementing more "pre-test" style discussion in my class. Aside from giving me a better idea of what material needs to be covered more thoroughtly, it will also give them an opportunity to participate, learn from each other, and even teach me a thing or two! 

Espero aprender nueva lecciones y conectarme con mis companeros de trabajo.

To engage in recognizing assessment opportunities before, during, and after a lesson through the utilization of diagnostic, formative, and summative assessments. Also, to be aware of the challenges we face as online instructors regarding technology, academic dishonesty (highly important when teaching online!) and feedback provided to the students, as well as how to overcome those challenges. The additional tips section given was definitely, in my opinion, the most useful part from this module.

I have learned some great strategies for using technology in online assessments; stating what is required on the syllabus and/or being accomodating if it is not required.

I have learned some excellent tips regarding tweaking multiple choice questions.  I already include a lot of critical-thinking scenarios to my questions, but could probably look over more of the simpler questions as well.

I learned / re-learned the terms for "formative" vs. "summative" assessments. 

Reply to Antoinette Durden's post: I am also flexible about this where I am allowed to be.

Reply to Susan Klos's post: I'm a particular fan of using both the larger assessments AND smaller, low-stakes quizzes to help learn the material.

Great learning knowledge and tools, new ideas always bring out more interest in the virtual classroom. loved the chair before during and after thoughts, they will open more connections with students and give them more to talk about in the open discussion

Great tools I can use as I move forward with my online curriculum. These will be great ways to ensure I am building a course that both meets the students needs with my instution's objective, all while presenting the material in such a manner to keep the students interested in learning. 

Sign In to comment