Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

The course was a good way to reflect in the challenges of online learning

The evaluation activities and the way to evaluate it as the rubric are necessary tools to be able to measure the learning of our students.

Seth Soronnadi.

Good to knwo that; 'A scenario-based question is great for two big reasons. One, it can enhance the difficulty level of the question. And two, it ties an important concept into some relatable context. "

Technology comes into consideration after, not before, creating learning assessments. The goals and learning objectives do not change with a different medium -or at least they shouldn't- and so online assessments should be catered to the same standards as in-person assessments, rather than the other way around. 

Additionally, as students have even easier access to distractions than in in-person classes, assessments during the lesson may be even more important to maintain student attentions.

I will use digital recordings for feedback to get the feedback back to students quicker. I a not doing this promptly, which can help the student learn. 

I learned the different types of assessments that we can use in the courses today.  I knew the process to establish the assessment in the course before and after the class.  With the assessment we can the opportunity to teach the class very well.

In this module, I have learned that A staple in most of course assessments in the summative multiple-choice test. When offering these types of tests online, it opens the door for students to possibly not fully learn the material or to, perhaps, seek out academically dishonest ways to complete the assessment. In addition to implementing online settings, an instructor can develop new scenario-based questions or replace the definition-style type of questions with these higher-order thinking scenario questions. Scenario-based questions also allows students to see the connection to the objectives and topics covered to the job and career they wish to be in upon graduation.

In thos course I reviewd online assessment. I learnd some new tools for plagiarism, and about SBQ.

I really like the suggestion for scenario based questions. This gives us a diferent way to frame multiple choice test questions and requires students to apply what they have learned to their lives.

Pre-testing is great.  It gives instructors a look at where student knowledge is at and it gives students a glimpse into what to expect.

Realizing the challenges that are faced with academics and how to fit them more for students with less error. 

Assessments are a great tool not only to test the student but also the program/activity/class.  

I learned to look at my course assessments as a three-legged stool: before , during and after.  It is very helpful to view it this way because it gives me structure so I can remember to include each part of my course equally.  I have already come across so many issues that are discussed in this course as I teach synchronously and asynchronously within the same course.  Our faculty realized early on that we needed ways to curb possible cheating online and this course has good suggestions some of which we already implemented before.

We have also already had the issue of students having trouble in the way they are sending student-made videos/voice recordings.  Unfortuantely, whether they have Apple or not we have to have them figure out a way to send them as an MP4 or our LMS doesn't recognize it.  Students are resourceful and all 32 figured a way to do that so I didn't have anymore trouble.

Very helpful course.

To use the documents to keep a course organized and easy to check if it aligns with course objectives and outcomes. Review multiple choice tests to make sure they align and convert to critical thinking when possible, 

Hi, 

I learned that for the assessment process to be effective, planning is required, identification of competencies, design of instruments and design de integrity rules and tools. I like the pdf that this module included.

incorporating assessments can be extremely helpful

Great explanation of online assessment by "stool concept" and feedback importance. Very useful handouts for instructors; notes, self assessments and readiness.

It was great course to distinguish between the three strategies in online assessments, as usually we focus on the  formative and summative assessments, so its very helpful to understand the value of diagnostic exam as well.

Developing online assessment tools may be time consuming at first , but for long-run it will remain as a good resource to measure the progress. 

Hello Team,

What I learned is how I can make exams more real life scenarios rather than just multiple choice which might enhance students to assess the actual situation on the project.

Sign In to comment