Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Rubrics allow for students and faculty to know the expectations and for consistent grading.

I did not realize there were different types of rubrics

i am intend to use analytic rubric

Whether you're a small business owner or a large enterprise, your digital marketing strategy needs to be targeted, measurable and accountable. That's why we're the best digital marketing company in Lucknow. Our experts will ensure that you have a strategic and personalized plan to grow your business online.

Rubic are an important tool for both students and instructors. It gives a detailed overview of how everything is graded on an objective level. 

Using grading rubrics can be very beneficial to the student and the instructor. A well-constructed grading rubric will provide the student with what is expected of them for an assignment. As well as to make the grading process more manageable and less subjective for the instructor. The trade-off is the process of crating rubrics is time-consuming. 

Reply to Elizabeth Thompson's post:  Hello Mrs. Thompson's, I agree with you that some rubric are very useful like when student are writting an assay. 

Reply to Lisa Creach's post: So true Mrs. Creach.  Student get an understanding of what areas they need to improve and gives them self esteem on the areas of their strengths.  

It was very interesting to learn about how and when rubrics can vary and the advantages and disadvantages a rubric can have.  But I think the advantanges a rubric offers outweigth the disadvantages in my opion.

Rubrics aid stuents in completing task and and in understanding grading.

They aid teachers in presenting expectations and in grading reliably.

I have used vaious types of grading rubrics. Some have been general while others have been quite involved. I have seen ones that use a narrative to the student and others that was a check off. Each has its pros and cons. Most rubrics are prepared by the university with no input/changes allowed ny the instructor.

The rubic is beneficial to the course as if allows for both the student and the instructor an outline as to how points are delivered and received. 

This module can help me as I look to create new rubrics for my course.  One thing to consider is that a rubric can detract from the student's creativity toward the assignment. 

The differences between holistic and analytical rubrics. Also, the importance to provide the strengths and weaknesses of the student. 

Rubrics can assist students in better understanding the requirements of an assignment. They also make grading the assignments easier for the instructor. There are advantages for both instructor and students.

In a multi-national environment it is difficult to clearly define the wording and this makes the rubic a sometime difficule tool to use

I do find using rubrics with some projects advantageous, but am glad we don't grade entirely by rubrics.  I find them very limiting.  We use a rubric sent by a curriculum expert and am ususally wishing I could make my own.

Rubrics,though time consuming for the instructor to develop, offer the student an understanding of measureing knowledge and the quality of their work.

The creation of rubrics can be time consumoing, but they can be very helpful to instructors and students if created correctly.

Rubrics are both simple and complex.  It is difficult to anticipate all the situational variances that may be assessed by the rubric.  

Sign In to comment