Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Los tres tipos de evaluación, deberán ser aplicados a lo largo del cursado. La diagnostica nos permite evaluar desde donde partimos con el saber, la formativa nos ayuda como instructores a identificar en el proceso si el estudiante tiene dificultades en algún tema y la sumativa pone al estudiante frente a su propio saber, es decir cuánto aprendió, es un Juicio a sus competencias. Todas estas evaluaciones nos permiten como instructores evaluar a nuestros estudiantes tanto en sus conocimientos como en sus habilidades. La valoración y la evaluación son necesarias en el diseño de un curso, una mejora el aprendizaje y la otra lo califica

I have learnt that formative assessment occurs on an ongoing basis and that summative assessment occurs at the end of a unit, project, or course.

I have learned the difference between formative assessments and summative assessments. Formative assessments are set regularly throughout the course to assess where the student is at. Whereas summative assesments are given at the end of each project or course to assess the student's knowledge of the course by being given a grade. I will ensure to provide regular formative assessments so my students and I will be able to see where they are at and will be able to understand weak areas or areas of concern where extra support is needed, so that students may be able to achieve the learning outcomes. 

I learned about the distinction between assessment and evaluation, and the different possible forms of diagnostic, formative, and summative assessment. The "revised Bloom's taxonomy" table is very interesting, to revise the evaluation techniques and tools learned as a tutor.

The formative evaluation allows the instructor to analyze the level of learning and depth of knowledge that the student has formed during the course, it turns out to be a vital tool to verify that the learning is taking place effectively.

De esta formación puedo rescatar los diferentes procesos, métodos de evaluación  para un óptimo progreso del estudiante en cuanto al aprendizaje y enseñanza

It is important to base the formative assessment around the content timeframe and focus less on regular formative assessment. I feel most commonly, I use summative assessment style. It may be a good idea to readdress assessment styles. 

Formative assessment is part of the instructional process and must be ongoing because student learning is ongoing. This process continues as ongoing judgments are made in a variety of ways to assist students in progressing through the course. It is essential for instructors to provide students with a rubric or checklist at the time the project is assigned. The feedback should be linked to outcomes/objectives and designed to increase the likelihood of success. Descriptive, learner-specific feedback will be particularly useful in improving student learning throughout the process. 

It is important to know the difference between assessment and evaluation when developing a course.

The difference between assessment and evaluation; I find that these get used interchangeably, when really they are distinct. Also, the impact of diagnostic assessment - I think this could be beneficial in a variety of ways, but especially to a new faculty member that may not know how to gauge what content to cover & so tends to try to cover every single thing in great detail. 

Assessments determine knowledge, attitudes, skills, and/or beliefs.  There are diagnostic assessments to be administered at the beginning to determine pre-existing skills or knowledge, then there are formative assessments which can help me determine ongoing learning, and lastly,  summative assessments to account for learning at the end of the instruction.

I rely on the use of assessments to determine student learning and improve on my teaching.  I have never taught a class the exact same way because each class has students with different learning styles and adaptation levels.   Don't be afraid to adapt to your students.

It's important to know when use the appropriate assessment in order to accomplish the intended outcomes.

I have learned that formative assessent focuses on continuos feedback to enhance student learning, while summative assessment evaluates overall understanding at the end of a period. I plan to apply this knoledge by implementing varied assessment techniques to provide constructive feddback and monitor students' progress effectivrly.

All components of assessment are important to have a holistic view of the student's learning, to improve the teaching and learning process, and to ensure continual improvement of the course and course design.  

It's very important not just to evaluate students periodically but to assess their progress without consequence so that customizations and modifications can be made to ensure success.

There is a definite process to evaluating a students knowledge on a subject by using the processes of assessment. Basically checking on their comprehension before, in the middle and then towards the end of a course to allow for time to revisit material that may have been missed or misunderstood. 

Diagnostic Evaluations are important in learning the students current or existing knowledge prior to a lesson plan. This can include various types of diagnostic evaluations and is important as student misconceptions should be ascertained prior to coursework instruction. 

Diagnostic Assessment is great idea to measure the students previous or prior knowledge.

For the most effective teaching, different methods of assessment and evaluation should be used

I was not familiar with the terms and differences between the terms, i.e., formative versus summative. Additionally, I learned about some of the tools used - minute write, muddy points, 1-2-3 etc.

Sign In to comment