Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Aprendió que la evaluación diagnóstica es necesaria para conocer cómo ingresan mis alumnos al curso oa una unidad dea prendizaje, incluso, antes de aplicar un proyecto, porque me permite tomar decisiones de ver si lo planificado está acorde a su nivel académico o necesito reajustar las actividades para que ellos logren su aprendizaje y yo mis objetivos. Además, la evaluación formativa es sumamente valiosa y siempre se debe dar en el proceso académico, porque a través de ella podrá acompañar en cada paso a mis estudiantes, retroalimentando para que mejoren y superen sus debilidades o para que continúen por ese buen camino que visualizo lo están realizando de manera correcta, esta evaluación va de la mano con la evaluación diagnóstica, pues me va a permitir tomar decisiones de mejora continua. finalmente,

Lo aplicaré con mis alumnos en la construcción de mis cursos virtuales desde la planificación, para conocer cómo llegan a clases y poder ayudar a situarse en un nivel de logro, así como acompañarlos en la construcción de sus aprendizajes reatroalimentados en los foros y portafolios de evaluación.

I have learned about several great ways to run a diagnostic assessment--I especially like the "muddiest point" diagnostic and the 1-2-3 questions. I've also learned the importance of conducting formative assessments at regular intervals throughout the course.

I think it is a great idea to remember that the end goal of assessment is student retention and memory formation of that knowledge. Assessment is such an integral tool to all in education today. I regularly use assessment to evaluate student ability and where to make important instructional decisions for the best outcome for my students. 

Bloom's Taxonomy has been changed over the last few years.  I see that "synthesis" has been removed (combined into Analysis and Evaluation) and "Create" added to the top of the pyramid. It is good to see evoluation in the concept.  Formative and summative assessments are important, but can be overdone.  It is important to understand why the assesssments are being done and what will be done with that information.  

In this module I learned the difference between assessment and evaluation, and when it might be appropriate to use each one.  I also learned about the classification of levels of learning.

In this module we learned the difference between assesment and evaluation and how the two are crutial to the learning and teaching enviornment. Also learned about diagnostic assessment and how important it is to apply before a course to see what knowledge the student has about the course.

The importance of assessment in daily class for the purpose of learning 

Assessments are helpful whether done before, during, or at the end of a lesson to gain information to help students in learning.

It was a good referesher to go back through the different types of assesment. Very much like what we've covered in previous modules, there's definitely a time and place for the different forms of assesment, and the appropriateness of each depends on the curruiculum, the instructor, the students' needs, and the learning objectives.

Hi,

I consider that the diagnostic assessment is very important to design a self-assessment by pre-test and post-test and 1-2-3-list. It takes more time, the instructor continually develops assessment and evaluate the students. Is the best tool to identify learning level.

The diference between each and how to use them.

Diagnostic assessment  measure the pre-exting skills or knowledge  of students. They help instructours to develop the current or next program. Wheras the Formative assessment provide insight view for understanding of students to the current content.Also, they indicate that students develop thier skills or not, and give instructor good feedback for learning. 

I learned about the differences between Assessment and Evaluation as well as Summative and Formative.  There were great ideas about "Muddiest Point" and "One minute paper" for evaluating if the students are learning and if anything needs to clarified in the lecture. 

I learned that Diagnostic assessement is based on students prior knowledge of a particular subject.  Diagnostic assessment becomes part of formative assessment that help improves student learning.

Interesting to hear about the different types of assessment. It is important that formative assessment is an ongoing process taken at intervals during the term.  Summative should be given at the end of the term.  

I am learing the value of helping the student make connections with the course information

I love how clear the explanation for formative and summative is. I learned the difference between assessment and evaluations. 

i didnt think there was a difference .

I learned about the importance of Diagnostic, Formative and Summative assessments. I plan to start using diagnostic assessments moving forward.  

I learned the importance of assessments and evaluations 

Sign In to comment