Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I was aware of the importance of good communication between students and instructors, I had never thought of it in terms of building a community. 

I have learned it is important to provide feedback, however allow students to respond to each other and then guide them on the side. 

Cheryl

Rubrics provide a clear and consise outline of expectations not only for assignments, but for learning outcomes. Collaborative communication sets stanards for substansive posts from students.  This prevents low quality posstings with little revelence or a regergatation of information while provoking critical thinking.

I learned the importance of personalizing communications to students. This will assist in developing the online community.

Seth Soronnadi.

I have been reminded that; "A rubric provides instructors with the opportunity to assess students' work consistently and more easily, as well as to think through the outcomes/objectives of an assignment to ensure that each is being measured completely and consistently."

Rubics are a great tool to guide the student in what content is needed to cover the answer or respond to what the professor is looking for.

The aspect of this section that has given me the most to ponder is being a "guide on the side" versus a "sage on the stage." I think I am a guide or facilitator in discussions, but I do post a lot. I was trained to respond to every single student and that's not required where I work now and I've been encouraged not to consider that a requirement. I wonder now if it would enhance discussions. One reason I am hesitant is because my habit of responding to everyone is one of the things students tend to post positively about in course evaluations.

NancyTosh

The use of a Rubric for concise communication is helpful in setting the standards for the students. It is the standards that maintain consistency within the online educational setting.

The use of rubrics as an evaluation instrument allows us to see the progress of the student, they will feel more confident in doing the work because, they will know with what criteria they are going to be evaluated progressively. A rubric can be presented from the beginning of the learning to the end.

Suggested reading to deepen the subject of rubrics:

Mustaffa, F. Y., Salam, A. R., Muhammad, F., Bunari, G., & Asary, L. H. (2016). Literature review of educational app evaluation rubrics. Intervention in School and Clinic, 51(4), 244-252.

Communication is the most important thing in online learning.

It is very important that in projects or special works use a rubric. You must first explain to the students the criteria to be evaluated and especially that the students have in advance the ribrica that will be used to evaluate their project or work.

A good example for measuring a effective communication is the success of the students in the performance for the course.

A good example in online communication within a course is to empower the student of how necessary that content is for their development.

The instructor must be create a efficay pattern to use a communications methods for the courses and the students. 

Me encantó este enfoque final de cómo evaluar a través de rúbricas las aportaciones de los estudiantes al proceso de aprendizaje. Creo que el desarrollo colaborativo se puede lograr y a la vez diversificar lo aprendido.

The approaches in order to identify low quality postings.  I will enhance participation. Increase the use of Rubrics in order to have a better framework.

Rubrics is a mean of telling the students feedback from the work or assessment prepared. It should also be consider a good way of communication.

Examining the instructional strategies to work to integrate these components will help develop a learning community and providing feedback is the most important tool to quantify how they learn. A Code of Conduct should be available.

I learned the importance of establishing rubrics to measure students' communication skills.

Communication and Collaboration is needed for group online coursework. Providing a Rubric is helpful to keep everyone on the same page of standards for the assignment. We want to build community that allows the students to speak on varying topics comfortably and openly. 

Communication expectations need to be clear. 

Sign In to comment