Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Collaboration is an effective and efficient tool to help students who may be struggling. This gives other stidents the ability to assist struggling students to perform better in the course while allowing the instructor to guide the students in the right direction without too much involvement. 

I have not done collaborative learning in small groups online yet so many of the strategies recommended were helpful. I thought i was giving great feedback but wasn't do it as timely as it sounds like I should have on grading. I did post comments though but was not consistent. 

Feedback is critical and timely.

Having the ability to communicate with the students something could be considered offensive.

The instructor must establish communication boundaries; communication standards should be put in place to better enhance the learning environment. Feedback is essential for the student to feel involved and part of the online community.

The online instructor can use the existing course as a template for other courses which may be assigned in the future. This increases efficiency for the instructor.

Commuication is critical in an online learning environment. An instructor should establich clear norms and should communicate often with students.

Online learners depend on that feedback to reassure them, build them, and use it as a check. It is important to be present in the learning community give feedback and develop relationships. 

In an online environment, students require frequent feedback. An instructor should be careful though not to be giving "too much" feedback when it comes to group discussion boards, chats, etc. The students need to foster a sense of the "in classroom" relationship building and a lot of discussion will steer itself in the right direction. Constant input from an instructor in this sense can lead to dereailing the conversation or keeping the students from thoroughly engaging with each other.

Communication is very important, being clear and concise on th information given will make it easier for the student to succeed in the course.

Self reflection is always good.

Constant and repetitive feedback is important in an online setting. Many students require acknowledgement of their efforts.

Many students require feedback.

I learned about best practices for student collaboration and communication for effective online teaching.  

Students need a lot of feedback and support in an online environment

Gloria,I ahve found how the dynamics have really changed sine we went on-line and how the students miss the fiace-to-face communication, It has made me aware of making sure that My feedback is quickly returned to the student along making sure that I am involved in the discussuib porcess as well. Students need to feel that you are involved just as if you were in the classroom setting.  This has been helpful.

Feedback plays a lerger role in the online learning environment. Facial expressions, tone, and other non-verbal cues are absent so immediate feedback is important for students to gauge their progress.  I need to be sure to setup guidelines for how often I will be providing feedbacl to my online students.

Communication through feedback is extremely important for the student and teacher and must be on going. But one need to know their boundaries when communciating to students. This will help to build a strong and healthy online class.

It might be beneficial for students to work in small teams as long as you establish norms and can monitor. Also, keep responces short an simple and be mindful of how it might be viewed by the reader.

Consistent feedback will greatly increase the student’s participation and the quality of the work being turned in.

Sign In to comment