Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

This is similar to traditional methods, but it is the application that can be different. I will say that where i had difficulty scheduling any students for extra help or practice, I find that I can do it much easier here. If students need more time or further clarification on a topic, we can always set aside an exta half horu or so when there are no classes scheduled and we can do it at a time convenient for all.

The exchange of information is critical. The instructor must be mindful of tone and non-verbal cues that communicate unintentional messages.

I am reminded that to employ a good scaffolding of content, I must always be aware of the students experience with the course at that particular time. I think we often forget what they don't know because we have seen it 100 times. 

This module showed me how to create a dynamic syllabus as well as the key components to make it more interactive for my students and enhanced my students online lerarning experience.

Online course syllabii must be dynamic across time, in content and it must be adaptable to students' comment. Effective communication is also crucial to successful learning scaffolding.

I learned the importance of creating an online community where the students will feel engage and participating.

Scaffolding is important because it lets students build on prior knowledge.

I plan on using this information to help me connect better with my students.  Communication is the key making sure they are able to not only learn the material but to grow as well.

Sylabus posted online with out proper interpretation from instrtuctor is not going to benefit students.  Sutdnets need to be made aware of were to locate and what key components are inside it.

use website tools esecially group discussion type of tools for students to be encouraged to listen.

Provide clear instruction

Provide clear instruction is sometime difficult because what you find clear and understandable the student may not . 

The information and tools alone do not develop an online learning community. Students must establish a sense of belonging and identify a purpose for belonging to the community.

There are several different communication pathways involved in learning, including the teacher, student, and group crosses. Activating all of these components in the framework of the class will lead to a more effective online learning plan.  

I learned that a syllabus can be changed where it makes sense. I have wondered about this as I've had students suggest a newer site or program that could be used to deliver the objective.

Creating a dynamic syllabus, not just a flat written one, will help maintain changes in the class and allow student input.

Using prior knowledge, such as earlier courses, to build on top of the current course work is effective and important to do.

No matter what you call it, good communicatio is key.

the importance of this will help the student procede at a point that they have already arived at doing two things building confidence and expediating the learing 

I want to develop a dynamic syllabus, as my courses, in-person and remote, do seem to change from my plans as I get to know my students and what works for them.

Sign In to comment