Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

No mater which way you go it all needs to be orgaized and consistant

Teaching and Organizing a Virtual Learning Environment --> Synchronous versus Asynchronous Learning

When it comes to meeting your students needs, there are many important components that need to blend together to have student success; but most important is organization.

This module is a good way to strategize by staying and staying in order. It's a good way to learn what is needed to be learned.

Asynchronous teaching and learning is often used for larger classes, but there are advantages and disadvantages to it and synchronous teaching.   It is important to consider the material being taught, the needs of the student and the teacher teaching style.   It can help to award points to those students who answer other student questions completely and accurately.   

Whether do synchronous or asynchronous teaching methods communication and an organized layoutis important.

Synchronous learning requires everyone to be on the online classroom at the same time.  Asynchronous is the ultimate anytime online learning experience. 

As a F2F teacher, moving to an online teaching, it is important to understand the difference between Asychronous and Sychronous online classess.  Before even teaching on online class, one must consider which is going to fit their teaching style and the course best.  Although Asychronous is most effective for online teaching, there are times to use sychronous teaching effectively if it is planning out and the expectations are set up in advance.

Accessibilty is important for studnts in remote learning.  Organizing infomration and guidelins in such a way that it is accessible to all students all the time is crucial for student success. 

I have learned that regardless if you use live or self paced educaiton method online the key is communicaiton, and making sure dynamic sylabus and orgnization will be needed to help the studnets learn and manuover through the course.

Synchronous versus Asynchronous Learning

I have taken approximently 12 classes online. They have all been asynchronous. Today is April 15, 2020. This course is one of six that the State Board of Education is providing free. The six courses providing knowledge on how to teach an online course. They are doing this (I think), because at this moment in time, we (as in the entire world) are living through a pandemic, the corona virus. Currently, schools are closed. Most colleges are continuing classes, but only online. My assumption is these online classes are asynchronous. I am having a hard time determining when a synchronous method is applied. I have heard the Chicago Public Schools (CPS) started to teach online. Maybe in this case, when you want to be in a building but can't be, the synchronous method should be used.

I learned that course content meets the needs of students and effects teaching style in experience of that instructor that help determine if the teacher is reaching the students through assessment and comments.

I learned that I would like to use both synchronous and asynchronous teachjng styles depending on which subject I am teaching. 

I have learned that consistency is the key to any on line teaching environment whether it be synchronous or asynchronous.  I also learned that I will use both environments because I will be teaching multiple classes simultaneously.

I have learned that i am a synchronis teacher. I love the interaction.  However, now this has me thinking, How can I add an asynchronis element to my vertual classroom.

Regardless of sync or async instructor must provide complete details on how the process works, or you will loose students easy

In this module, I learned the difference between synchronous and asynchronous learning.

I intend to apply the aspects of developing guidelines for my current online course. 

In this module, I learned the importance of establishing and implementing guidelines to make sure everyone understands the flow of the class.  I also learned that onging communication, organization, and consistency are must-haves for content delivery and student learning.  

It is important in the online environment  to establish if you will conduct a synchronis or asynchronis classroom.

Information must be both organized and presented in a consistent manner regardless of whether it is a synchronous or asynchronous.  All students must understand and know how to do what is expected of them.  For example. proscrastination is more common in an asychronous learning environment so you must front load course content; thereby making all materials accessible at any time, any where.

I feel that communication is a critical part and this is where the students can relax and know if they need help we are available. Regardless of what you use it needs to be organized and have the same weekly pattern.

Sign In to comment