Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Authoring | Origin: EL103

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Teaching Online: A Student-Centered Approach -->  Authoring

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

The most important thing I learned is consistency in developing templates. The students need to know each time they enter a course where they can find the material, quizzes, exams, etc. 

Module consistently is important so that students are able to locate all of the course information and so that units of study are easy for students to access and work through. 

Hello, What I learned the most is to be consistant with the frame work.

I've learned how important it is to have consistency across course modules. Also, if you too much information in one module, you can use chuncking to combine some information.

The most important thing I took away from this instruction is course content consistency as well as utilizing a learning database to assist in building and structuring course material.

If a cat has nine lives there are nine ways to kill a cat. Considering this, intructors are encouraged to create several diffent ways to  emphasize a point thus addressing the wide varity of student learning styles.

It's important to have consistency across the board.  Students will get accustomed to receiving and delivering their information in a certain way. 

This lesson taught about the consitiency within course modules and how the learners will navigate it more effectively.  

Stay consitent, students need consitency, keep all modules looking similar

Consistency is extremely important along with developing a database for ease of references.

I learned the importance of consistency when creating course modules. 

Authoring online learning modules is not a simple task. To move from face to face instruction to virtual learning is a huge leap.   I would imagine that people who teach online courses for a living will have longer to develop these modules than I and my fellow teachers do thanks to COvid 19.  As always, we will do our best.

The most important things I have learned is consistency from section to section also the average learner loses interest in 10-15 minutes so you might want to do chunking.

consistency in online learning delivery cannot be overly emphasized. Chunking topics will help to administer content throughout a period of time.

The most important thing is making the course consistent.  Students will gain a better understanding and not be as anxious with the consistency.  

Course consistancy. Understanding of non-verbal cues and expectations for learning.

I believe one of the important aspects of authoring is the communication with the target audience. One disadvantage of online learning is the limited feedback from the audience especially from an engagement perspective. That's one of the reason why the way the study material / class content is prepared needs to be properly managed. This means for the most part, consistency across the board.

I learned about discussion board in LMS.So that students can interact with each other.

I plan to practice using the existing formats and templates, to develop automaticity in accessing them myself, so that I can help my students locate learning objects easily.

Sign In to comment