Create the communication channel with students, monitor, be present in that chat..
Identify the difficulties, send personal e-mail to the student , remind about office hrs..
answer, if you do not the answer, respond with it at later time, keep the promise
It's always good to get to know the student
I love the idea of posting an BIO of the instructor either by way of written or video format. I would like to add that the students each post a short BIO answering a few questions in the reply. I will respond to each student and then save the students BIO in a file for further use as I interact with the students through the course of program.
Initiate, lead, monitor, and manage synchronous discussion sessions
It is important to students to know what expertise, educational preparation and training and professional background credibility the instructor brings to the course. I tell the students those things are important, but, "Just because something is said by a voice of authority, is it true?" If they are assured of the teachers validity they will trust what he presents.
Having students share their biographies is a great way to get to know their strengths and where they may need additional help to thrive in my online classroom.
The most important concept is to let the students know about your professional experience as well as your accomplishments and learn about theirs through a bio, so you can engage more with them, so that they can have a wonderful learning experience.
I learned the importance of providing ongoing feedback to students in order to stimulate learner's interest and motivation.
distance learning will require the instructor to take a invested interest in the students, by actively seeking knowledge of students goals and interests, teachers can gain insight of the students during distant learning and visa versa , sharing little experiences you experience as an instructor can make you more human during the e learning process.
It gives students confidence when they see the bio of their instructor, showing extensive experience and achievements in their field.
Getting to know your students will help with building trust, which will help lead to them coming to you when they are not understanding the material/course
Build a rapport with the students. Share experiences, credentials, and educational experience to students. Ensure that you respond in a timely manner to students such as proper turn around time.
I found it interesting that including my qualifications and achievements as well as hobbies and interests would be a good idea to engage with the students.
The more we connect with our students, the more motivated they will be. It will allow us to notice when extra help is needed and we are creating a relationship that supports them when they feel the need to reach out. Also, when we establish our credibility, we are respected in a way that will create more engagement and trust.
An instructor's teaching presence in the classroom is an important aspect of supporting the students while at the same time effectively connecting with the students to promote the learning experience!
I learned the importance of instructor engagement in the online setting. I also took away the bullet points of what should be done to show/provide support for the students.
Project your presence by sharing your experience and your academic background along with letting your credentials be known.
To project my authority from a distance project that my presence is there from a distance, providing feedback platforms for discussions based on specific topics make more than one forum as we don’t want any confusion between one discussion and answer
Giving students the opportunity to know you as a professional, including your skills, experience and qualifications is especially important in online education because the lack of physical presence makes it harder for the course to feel personal for the students.
When I add my personal experiences I can give student MAs examples of what it is like in the field and make our interactions relatable and interactive.